View Single Post
Old 28-02-2016, 12:50 PM   #25
penk22_
Divisi IT

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter
Default Re: [EPL] Manchester United vs Arsenal

Manchester United braced for big Arsenal test

Louis van Gaal expressed his delight at the dressing-room atmosphere after Manchester United's Europa League win over Midtjylland, a result which tees up his team for Sunday's domestic clash with Arsenal.

United will welcome Arsene Wenger's third-placed side to Old Trafford the day after Barclays Premier League leaders Leicester City host Norwich City. Van Gaal's men are currently six points adrift of the Champions League places but while the manager is well aware of the challenge that lies ahead this weekend, he's encouraged by the spirit he witnessed on Thursday night.

"I have never seen the dressing room like that," said van Gaal. "It was not only the players who played but also those on the bench and the players who are injured. They were all there laughing and talking with each other. They were all happy.

"Normally I would expect this, a lot of confidence, but now we have to play against one of the best teams in the Premier League. It’s a challenge on Sunday and more of a challenge because we have to play within two days. That’s also different, but I think the recovery can go better than ever."

Michael Carrick, who captained van Gaal's side against Midtjylland, described the game against Arsenal as "massive" and is hopeful that a number of players who have recently been sidelined will return on Sunday.

"We’ll recover as best as we can and get ready for that, and see who we can get back into the team," said the midfielder. "It’s strength in numbers because we were struggling a bit [on Thursday night]. Marcos [Rojo] has come back, which is a big bonus for us, and we’ll see who else we can get back and we’ll go again on Sunday. It's a massive game for us."

Carrick's team-mate Jesse Lingard also enjoyed the Europa League victory but insists the players are already firmly focused on the Arsenal assignment.

“Our mindset is right and we’re focused on the next game, which is Arsenal," said Lingard. "The club is working hard behind the scenes to get the players fit but we’re not going to rush anyone back – we need everyone at 100 per cent. But I think we’ll have a strong enough squad against Arsenal to beat them."

Former United and current Gunners striker Danny Welbeck has successfully returned from injury this month, duly noted by Lingard - a fellow graduate of the Reds' Academy. “I speak to Danny quite often," revealed Jesse. "He’s doing well – he scored the winning goal last week [against Leicester] but hopefully he won’t score against us!”

Daley Blind believes United are up for the Arsenal challenge and echoed his colleagues' comments about the vibe in the squad. The Dutchman said: “I think we’re ready. Of course Arsenal is different – they are a great team – but we have to prepare ourselves. We are in a good mood now and we can move on from this."

Blind's compatriot Memphis concurred, saying: "We have to keep this spirit in the team as we move forward to Sunday.”

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Feb/louis-van-gaal-and-manchester-united-players-preview-barclays-premier-league-match-v-arsenal.aspx