View Single Post
Old 18-05-2016, 06:56 PM   #9
penk22_
Divisi IT

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter
Default Re: [Final FA Cup] Crystal Palace vs Manchester United

Van Gaal discusses plans for FA Cup final

Louis van Gaal has admitted that selecting his starting XI for Saturday’s FA Cup final will be difficult, particularly when excluding players from the matchday squad altogether.

The Manchester United manager has up to 27 first-team players who are fit and vying for selection ahead of the showpiece finale at Wembley Stadium, where Crystal Palace will provide the opposition.

Speaking after Tuesday’s 3-1 win over Bournemouth in the final Barclays Premier League match of the season, van Gaal discussed his selection dilemma and the prospect of disappointing his players.

“I think that these are big decisions because everybody wants to play in the final and everybody knows that,” the manager told MUTV at Old Trafford. “But you have to make the decision.

“Also, everybody wants to be in the squad but that is not possible. We have 27 first-team players up for selection and I can only choose 18. Then I have to choose 11, so it is not easy!”

Wayne Rooney is one player whose selection is guaranteed on Saturday and the captain will presumably be high on confidence, after scoring the opener against Eddie Howe's Bournemouth in midweek and later winning the club’s Man of the Match award on Twitter.

The 30-year-old excelled in central midfield and van Gaal believes that is now his position to hold down. “Yes, I think so because he loves to play there and he shows in the matches that he can decide the game,” he said. “That is very important, so I expect that is what he shall do in the future.”

Marcus Rashford also notched his eighth goal of the season on Tuesday and the manager is optimistic that the teenage striker can finish his breakthrough campaign with an FA Cup winners’ medal.

“Yes, it is unbelievable and amazing for a youngster of 18 years old, to see what he is doing. He has played in all of the matches [bar Norwich City] because I didn’t save him - I have only saved him for the last 15 minutes or something like that. He is showing a great quality and I hope that he can show it also in the final.”

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/May/Louis-van-Gaal-discusses-team-selection-for-FA-Cup-final.aspx