Thread: Odion Ighalo
View Single Post
Old 28-02-2020, 08:58 AM   #30
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Odion Ighalo

Odion Ighalo dedicates first Manchester United goal to his late sister who died suddenly in December after netting against Club Brugge

* The striker lifted his United jersey to show a white top with a picture of Mary on
* Ighalo has told of how he still struggles to come to terms with her death
* Mary Atole died aged 43 after collapsing at her home in Canada on December 12
* Ighalo said he will celebrate every goal he gets this way until end of his career

Odion Ighalo paid a touching tribute to his late sister after scoring his first Manchester United goal on Thursday night.

The striker, 30, lifted his jersey to show a white top with a picture of Mary Atole on it during the Europa League game against Club Brugge.

Ighalo, who also has her name on his boots, previously told how he has struggled to come to terms with her death in December.

Ighalo lifted his jersey to show top with a picture of Mary on it during the Europa League game. The United frontman bagged his first goal for the club in the 34th minute against Club Brugge

Mary Atole died at the age of 43 after collapsing at her home in Canada on December 12

'I feel very emotional because it has not really struck me that my sister is gone forever and I am never going to see her again,' the frontman told the Sun.

'Sometimes when I am alone and I just remember her, I have one sharp pain in my heart.

'My twin sister, Akhere, will call me, crying, saying she misses her and, sometimes when I am alone, I cry too.

'It is a very painful loss but I am trying to be strong as a man.'

Ighalo has her name etched on to his boots and now also dons a white undershirt to pay tribute. Manchester United striker Odion Ighalo revealed he will dedicate every goal to his late sister

Mary Atole died aged 43 after collapsing at her home in Canada on December 12, and Ighalo revealed the devastating news with a poignant tribute on Instagram.

The striker's late sister was a passionate United supporter and had a framed picture of her wearing a personalised club jersey in her home.

And United's signing outlined the touching way he had planned to pay tribute to Mary.

He said: 'Every goal I score from now until I finish my career will be dedicated to God and to her.

'I have written her name on my special white T-shirt and put her name on my boots. I want to show the world she is always with me.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8053363/Odion-Ighalo-dedicates-Manchester-United-goal-late-sister.html