Thread: Alexis Sanchez
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 06:30 PM   #75
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Alexis Sanchez

ALEXIS: OUR OBJECTIVE MUST BE TO WIN TROPHIES

Alexis Sanchez is feeling refreshed, confident and determined to achieve his and Manchester United’s trophy goals in 2018/19.

The Chilean forward looked sharp and energetic in his five pre-season outings for the Reds, which featured fine goals against AC Milan and Real Madrid, following his first proper summer break in nine years.

After what he describes as a “learning period” after his high-profile January move from Arsenal, Alexis believes he’s better equipped to produce his best football this season, which augurs well ahead of the Premier League opener against Leicester City.

“I can’t remember the last time I had a break and a long vacation,” the 29-year-old told United Review, our official matchday programme. “It served me well to rest, to clear my head a little bit and get stronger for the season.

“I’m already off to a great start. It’s been years since I’ve had a pre-season like this one, and I hope I'm in good shape to face Leicester.

“The first four or five months were a learning period. Now I want to go all the way, I want to fight for everything. I am preparing myself mentally and physically to face all that lies ahead.

“Now that I know my team-mates, I can focus on what I want to win. I am here to demonstrate the quality I’m here for. The time has come for United to win more trophies. We need to be fighting among the best.”

All eyes will be on Old Trafford on Friday as Jose Mourinho’s men get the new campaign under way and Alexis is clear on how the Reds should approach the game against the Foxes.

“As Manchester United… as a big team,” he said. “Pressing forward, and with a desire to win – with the mindset that distinguishes United from others.

“United is a big team. Even though we have improved a lot, we need to keep improving. Now it is time to prove it, to fight for the top spots, and I think this is the season to do it.”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote