Thread: Marcus Rashford
View Single Post
Old 23-01-2020, 08:57 AM   #324
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marcus Rashford

Marcus Rashford insists he WILL return from his back injury before the season ends to boost Manchester United's bid for a top-four finish

* Marcus Rashford has vowed to return from injury before the season finishes
* The Manchester United striker suffered a serious back injury earlier this month
* Rashford said: 'I'll be back before season ends and help my team make top four'
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admitted he may sign a short-term replacement

Manchester United forward Marcus Rashford has vowed to recover from his serious back injury before the end of the season.

The 22-year-old is facing a lengthy period on the sidelines after sustaining a double stress fracture in his back in United's recent FA Cup third-round replay victory over Wolves.

But Rashford is confident he will return to action this season and aims to help United secure Champions League football for next term.

'I'll be back before the season ends to hopefully help my team claim a top-four spot,' he wrote on Twitter in response to the Premier League's official account.

The forward, who has been a vital source of goals for United this season, scoring 19 in all competitions, also said recently that he will still be part of team meetings and sessions throughout his rehabilitation period.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side are already a striker light, having failed to replace Romelu Lukaku in the summer, and Rashford's injury only leaves United further depleted at the top end of the pitch.

United are hopeful of signing a short-term replacement for Rashford this month with the striker expected to be out until at least March.

'It's just an unfortunate situation we're in,' Solskjaer said recently. 'It might be, because the window is open, we might look at some short-term deals as well and that could take us through until the summer.'

Dwight McNeil, Edinson Cavani and Moussa Dembele have all been linked with United this month while Bruno Fernandes is close to finally sealing his £55million move from Sporting Lisbon.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7915999/Man-Utd-star-Marcus-Rashford-insists-return-injury-end-season.html