Thread: Marcus Rashford
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2020, 09:34 AM   #325
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marcus Rashford

'I don't pay attention to that': Marcus Rashford targeting silverware and becoming a legend at Manchester United... not Wayne Rooney's goalscoring record

* Marcus Rashford has 64 goals in 201 appearances for Manchester United
* Wayne Rooney hit 253 and Rashford has plenty of time to catch up with him
* But the 22-year-old insisted his focus was on capturing silverware at United

Marcus Rashford wants to win titles and become a legend at Manchester United — and has admitted he is not focused on Wayne Rooney's goalscoring record.

The striker, who is currently out with an injury, has bagged 64 goals in 201 appearances for the Old Trafford side and at 22 years old is likely to have plenty of time to catch Rooney.

Rooney, who now plays for Derby in the Championship, scored 253 goals during his time at United.

But Rashford would rather see his team pick up trophies than become United's greatest ever goalscorer.

Asked about it by FourFourTwo, he said: 'I don't pay too much attention to that.

'If you're playing your best football, then whatever happens, happens.

'If I was to get that record but we go into the next decade with no trophies, that's not going to be the greatest feeling for me.

Marcus Rashford wants to win titles and become a legend at Manchester United. Rooney (right) scored 253 goals for United during his time at the Old Trafford club. Rashford insisted his focus was on winning silverware with United and becoming a legend

'If I don't get the record but we get lots of trophies and something to look back on, that's the most important thing.'

And when the idea of becoming a legend at United came up, he admitted: 'That's always the aim.

'You grow up around so many people who have that United legend status that it becomes part of your dream.

'When you dream of playing for Man United, you don't only dream of making your debut; you dream of being like [David] Beckham, [Paul] Scholes and [Ryan] Giggs. It's part of the dream as an academy lad.'

Rashford is currently out with a back injury but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes he will be back before the end of the season.

Code:
Rashford insisted his focus was on winning silverware with United and becoming a legend