View Single Post
Old 20-09-2017, 08:37 AM   #6
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: [EPL] Manchester United vs Burton Albion

UNITED TEAM NEWS FOR BURTON CUP TIE

Axel Tuanzebe is set to miss Manchester United's Carabao Cup tie with Burton Albion and Reds manager Jose Mourinho has revealed four players have been rested ahead of Wednesday's clash at Old Trafford.

Promising teenager Tuanzebe is out with a back problem, while David De Gea, Antonio Valencia, Eric Bailly and Nemanja Matic will be handed a night off.

"I gave two days off only to four players," revealed the boss. "Apart from that, everybody is selected. Do you want to know which four? De Gea, Valencia, Matic and Bailly."

When asked if he is taking the competition, which the Reds won last season with a 3-2 triumph over Southampton at Wembley, seriously, he replied: "Oh, yes. Serious. Because it's football, it's competition. We take it seriously.

"Of course, we're not playing David or Bailly but, if we go to the next round, probably these guys will play and I will give a rest to others. Our squad is good.

"We don't have 30 players, we have what we have, and a couple of injuries right now with Paul Pogba and Axel Tuanzebe. So we need some of the players that played on Sunday to play and we need some to be on the bench.

"We need to be with a strong team. I know the quality of the Championship and I know, if we don't take the game seriously, we are going to lose."

Tuanzebe, meanwhile, is hoping the injury does not keep him out for too long as he bids to impress the manager over the course of the campaign.

"I've been struggling with my back, but the rehab's going well and, behind the scenes, everyone is doing a good job," he told ManUtd.com.

www.manutd.com