View Single Post
Old 16-03-2020, 10:00 AM   #1129
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paul Labile Pogba

Paul Pogba launches fund-raising appeal on his 27th birthday to help battle coronavirus pandemic as Manchester United star pledges to double £27,000 if target is met

* Paul Pogba made the announcement on his offical Facebook page on Sunday
* The Frenchman challenged his followers to 'fight the war' against coronavirus
* Coronavirus symptoms: what are they and should you see a doctor?

Paul Pogba has used the occasion of his birthday to launch a fund-raising appeal to help fight the coronavirus pandemic.

The Manchester United midfielder turned 27 on Sunday and marked the special celebration by announcing his own birthday fundraiser against the coronavirus.

And on social media, the France international posted a link to his appeal which he hopes will raise at least £27,000 in one day.

Should that target be met in that time, Pogba promised to double the figure with another £27,000 from his own pocket and put it towards the cause.

'It's my birthday and I'm always grateful that me, my family and friends are healthy. Nonetheless, not everybody is in good health right now,' Pogba wrote on his official Facebook and Instagram pages.

'The Coronavirus pandemic is affecting the health and lives of many, including children.

'The impact of a large-scale outbreak, especially on poor and vulnerable children, can be immense.

Paul Pogba has used his birthday to launch a fund-raising appeal to help fight coronavirus. The Manchester United midfielder is hoping to raise £27,000 on Sunday from his appeal. And the France international has promised to meet that figure if the target is reached

'Unicef is helping prevent the spread of #Coronavirus by supplying vital medical supplies, consulting with communities and implementing prevention campaigns. It is a priority to stop the spread of this new virus, and the misinformation that's spreading alongside it.

Pogba continued: 'At times like this we need to come together.

'With your help, I am hoping today to raise £27,000 to help fight this war and I will double the amount if we reach the goal. If we manage to reach our target, it will be enough to provide:

'*333,332 pairs of disposable gloves for health workers + *2,777 surgical masks to help prevent the disease spreading further + *9,615 sets of vented goggles.

'For more information: https://www.unicef.org.uk/coronavirus-facts/

'Any amount will be welcome to help fight this war against #COVID19 . Thank you for all the support. Stay safe!'

The appeal comes exactly a year after he celebrated his 26th birthday by joining forces with Charity: Water to provide drinking water to people in developing countries.

He made the same promise of doubling the £26,000 target last year, but last year his initiative saw just £7,360 raised.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8114035/Coronavirus-UK-Manchester-United-star-Paul-Pogba-launches-fundraising-appeal-27th-birthday.html