View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 11:03 AM   #20
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: [EPL] Manchester United 1-1 Everton

MOURINHO'S VERDICT ON EVERTON DRAW

Jose Mourinho accepted his Manchester United team "didn't play very well" in Tuesday night's 1-1 draw with Everton in the Premier League, although he felt his side might have won had the video assistant referee (VAR) system been in place to allow Zlatan Ibrahimovic's headed 'goal'.

Here's what the manager had to say in his first post-match interview with BT Sport...

OVERALL REFLECTION
"The performance was not very good but the spirit in the second half was phenomenal. And with some players really in trouble, some by the physical point of view, some others clearly with the confidence levels low and difficult to perform better. They fought until the last second and with a VAR, we win this game 2-1 because it was not an offside."

NO CRITICISM OF THE OFFICIALS
"It was a difficult one for the linesman. I am not a critic of him at all. When the VAR comes, it will help everyone, especially them, especially the linesmen and the referees. If they (the video assistant referee) has any doubts, then the advantage should go to the team that attacks. From what I saw just now on the computer, it was not an offside but they are the experts. But even so, if there is a big doubt, it is a goal. But again, I repeat I'm not at all a critic of the linesman, not at all. I just think it will be welcomed by everyone, especially them because for them it's not good when they make mistakes, even little ones like this one."

FAMILIAR STORY IN HOME MATCHES

"I have deja vu in many things but I have to admit we played better football in some other matches. Did we have chances? Yes. Not a dozen, a few. Did we hit the post as always? Yes. Did the opponent goalkeeper play very well as always? Yes. Did one decision go against us? Yes but I want to repeat again, I don't want to blame him. Was the opponent ultra defensive as always? Yes but we didn't play very well. We had some players in trouble, especially by the confidence point of view. Some guys are suffering a little bit. But the spirit was good, the pride was there, the Manchester United way of fighting was there, especially in the second half that followed a first half that was not good at all."

www.manutd.com