View Single Post
Old 13-04-2010, 07:58 PM   #28
otonk reddevilz
first team

Location: Pisang Epe' | Pallubasa | Coto | Konro Bakar | Pantai Losari
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
otonk reddevilz is a splendid one to beholdotonk reddevilz is a splendid one to beholdotonk reddevilz is a splendid one to beholdotonk reddevilz is a splendid one to beholdotonk reddevilz is a splendid one to beholdotonk reddevilz is a splendid one to beholdotonk reddevilz is a splendid one to beholdotonk reddevilz is a splendid one to beholdotonk reddevilz is a splendid one to behold

Visit otonk reddevilz's Facebook Visit otonk reddevilz's Twitter
Default Re: [EPL] Man City vs Man Utd

Giggs hopes face City

Ryan Giggs hopes to be fit to play in Saturday's Manchester derby - a fixture he has never missed since making his United debut back in 1991.

The Welshman was credited with the winning goal in his first derby 19 years ago in the old First Divison (although it perhaps should have gone down as an own goal). And since then he has played in all 32 derby clashes in all competitions.

His place in the side on Saturday has been thrown into down due to a hamstring injury that forced him off after an hour against Blackburn Rovers on Sunday, but the 36-year-old is hopeful he'll make the match.

"I just strained my hamstring against Blackburn," Giggs told reporters on Monday. "I felt it in the first 15-20 minutes, but the scan hasn't shown much [damage], so hopefully I'll be OK."

United's title hopes seem to be fading after a defeat to Chelsea and the draw with Blackburn, but Giggs says the players will have to lift themselves for game with more than just points at stake.

"This game was always going to be huge at this time of the season; they're going for fourth place and we're going for the championship. Derby days are always massive anyway, but there's a bit of extra spice to this one," he added.

"We've faced them three times this season and they've all been great games, so hopefully that'll be the case again - with us coming out on top!"

Ben Hibbs at manutd.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.