View Single Post
Old 18-02-2018, 05:20 AM   #16
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: [FAC] Huddersfield Town vs Manchester United

LUKAKU IS MAN OF THE MATCH

Romelu Lukaku was voted Manchester United's star man in our Man-of-the-Match poll after his brace secured a 2-0 win for the Reds against a resolute Huddersfield Town.

United's no.9 collected 81 per cent of the votes to finish ahead of fellow nominees Scott McTominay (10%) and Chris Smalling (9%).

It was a powerful performance and a clinical display of finishing from Lukaku, who in the process bagged his 20th and 21st goals of the season and secured the Reds safe passage to the Emirates FA Cup quarter finals, where we will face Brighton.

On the two Lukaku goals, boss Jose Mourinho said: “With that second goal in the second half, I think we killed the game and from that moment we were in control. Good counter-attacks, twice attacking the space well. Twice cold in front of the keeper, good decisions, good shots, good goals, important goals from us.”

Romelu Lukaku surpassed the 20-goal mark again with his double at the John Smith’s Stadium, but he’s keen to turn progress into silverware.

“I have been doing it for years now, I have to keep going and, at the end of the day, I am at Manchester United and the main goal is to win trophies,” he said. “It was satisfying for the team. I think we had a difficult game in the league [against Huddersfield] recently so everybody was up for it from the start.”

Opta revealed Lukaku has scored 10 goals in his last 10 appearances in the FA Cup and the big man will hope to take that goalscoring form to Spain when the Reds face Sevilla on Wednesday night in the UEFA Champions League round-of-16 first leg.

www.manutd.com