Thread: Harry Maguire
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 10:41 AM   #69
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harry Maguire

'I think Maguire goes home every day and tells his wife "I'm so s*** at football but I earn so much"': Ex-Spurs and Real Madrid star Rafael van der Vaart lays into Manchester United defender AGAIN after he was nutmegged for opening goal against Bournemouth

* Rafael van der Vaart has laid into Manchester United's Harry Maguire once again
* The England international was at fault for Bournemouth's opening goal last week
* Maguire was nutmegged by Junior Stanislas before he fired past David de Gea
* Van der Vaart has criticised Maguire in the past, insisting he is not worth £80m

Former Tottenham and Real Madrid star Rafael van der Vaart has laid into Manchester United defender Harry Maguire after his error against Bournemouth last week.

Maguire was nutmegged by Junior Stanislas before the winger darted beyond the England international and rifled a shot past David de Gea at the goalkeeper's near post.

It was not the sort of defending you would expect from a defender that cost £80million and United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer looked furious with Maguire during the drinks break that came after the goal at Old Trafford.

Rafael van der Vaart has slammed Harry Maguire for his defending against Bournemout. Maguire was nutmegged by Junior Stanislas before the winger than fired past David de Gea. Some neat footwork from the winger caught Maguire off guard as he poked it through his legs. Van der Vaart was fiercely critical of Maguire during an appearance on a Dutch TV channel

But the mistake has led Van der Vaart to slam Maguire for his defending during an appearances on a Dutch TV channgel.

When asked about Maguire's error on Ziggo, Van der Vaart said: 'I think Maguire goes home every day and tells his wife: "I'm so s*** at football, but I earn so much. They really believe I'm good."

'I really think so, he laughs at everyone.'

It is not the first time Van der Vaart has targeted Maguire. Maguire played the full 90 minutes as United held league leaders Liverpool to a 1-1 draw back in October but his performance did not impress the Dutchman.

‘He can do something, but if he is worth so much money, Virgil van Dijk is worth £300million,’ Van der Vaart explained.

‘If I am going to play with the amateurs on Sunday afternoon, I can easily find three who can do this. I mean that seriously. A bit silly to say, but I really think so.’

But Maguire recovered to help United to a comfortable win in their pursuit of a top-four finish. Van der Vaart, has slammed the defender previously

It seems Van der Vaart has a bit of a grudge against Maguire because he also criticised his performances on the international stage during the Nations League.

Van de Vaart was on punditry duty when England were beaten 3-1 by Holland and recalled how Maguire was 'by far the worst player on the pitch' just after he had completed his move to Old Trafford last summer.

'It's funny because during the Nations League, I was doing work for Dutch television,' he noted.

'And I remember we were saying Harry Maguire was by far the worst player on the pitch. And then two months later, £80-£90m? Unbelievable.'

Van der Vaart enjoyed a stellar playing career for Ajax, Real Madrid and Tottenham, becoming a real fan favourite during his time in north London.

Maguire, meanwhile, has been a critical part of United's climb up the table under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in recent months.

United take on Aston Villa on Thursday night knowing they can close the gap to Maguire's former team, fourth-placed Leicester, to just one point in the race for the Champions League.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8506539/Former-Spurs-Real-Madrid-star-Rafael-van-der-Vaart-lays-Harry-Maguire-AGAIN.html