View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 11:28 PM   #20
penk22_
Divisi IT

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter
Default Re: Man United U-21 Matches 2015/16

Pemain muda yang dibajak United dari City berharap dimainkan nanti pas lawan City U-21.

El Fitouri's remarkable tale of two cities

Sadiq El Fitouri is hoping to be involved when Manchester United's Under-21s take on his former club Manchester City in tonight's derby at Leigh Sports Village, live on MUTV.

After leaving the Blues, the versatile Libyan defender rebuilt his career by impressing with Salford City and appeared in a recent BBC TV documentary about the non-league club co-owned by five Reds legends - Nicky Butt, Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, Phil Neville and Paul Scholes.

El Fitouri's route to United is a remarkable tale of perseverance and he is aiming to earn a second successive title winner's medal with Warren Joyce's shadow squad. After recovering from injury and making the bench for the defeat against Everton earlier this month, the 21-year-old is hoping to push on again.

He told ManUtd.com : "I got a knock after the internationals with Libya and it was disappointing to miss out on some games. Hopefully, now I'm fit, I can start week in and week out and see how it goes from there.

"United versus City is a big game in itself but it's particularly special for me as I played at City. It's one I am really looking forward to.

"Winning the league is what we're aiming for and hopefully we'll do it again this year. We train hard every day with Warren Joyce. His training is very intense but it works. We do a lot without the ball, closing down, focusing on our positioning and working together."

The Libya international has an interesting story to tell when it comes to how he ended up at United, just when his footballing career was at a crossroads.

El Fitouri revealed : "I was out of action for a year and a half after I left City because I was injured and couldn't get a club. It was the worst time to get injured, straight after being released.

"I was injured for four months but after that I just carried on training in the gym. I had to do it all myself but I sort of knew what to do from the time I had an injury at City.

"After 18 months without playing, I was starting to lose hope. But in December [2014], I phoned up Salford City and asked if I could train with them. They said 'Yes, come down' and I trained there for one month and played one game.

"Phil Neville was impressed and Paul Scholes too so they pulled me over to one side and said I could go to training at United the next day. Everyone knows who Neville and Scholes are and for them to have belief in me was really good.

"My trial at United lasted for a week and a half. During the first week, I remember I played an in-house game against Leicester. Warren was impressed and, a few days later, he said: 'Well done, I'd like to offer you a contract'. I thought it was all a dream as it happened so quickly."

El Fitouri's signing was announced on ManUtd.com at the end of the January 2015 transfer window and he went on to make four appearances, including a game against City at Old Trafford in May, as United's Under 21s closed out a successful season. So far this term he has played a further four times for the young Reds.

"I had to wait about a month or so before I made my Under-21 debut against Sunderland," El Fitouri recalled. "I'd had a lot of training and knew how the team worked and everything else so I felt ready. The lads welcomed me as if I had been here a long time and they're a good group."

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Feb/how-libya-defender-sadiq-el-fitouri-signed-for-manchester-united-after-man-city-and-salford-city.aspx