View Single Post
Old 17-03-2016, 07:28 PM   #23
penk22_
Divisi IT

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter
Default Re: [UEL] Manchester United vs Liverpool

UNITED READY FOR LIVERPOOL CHALLENGE

Louis van Gaal recognises the size of the task awaiting Manchester United tonight but believes that, with the fans’ support, his side can pull off a famous victory over Liverpool.

The Reds must overturn a 2-0 first-leg deficit to reach the Europa League quarter-finals and add another chapter to the storied history of games under the floodlights at Old Trafford.

Asked at his pre-match press conference if he was optimistic United could turn the tie around, van Gaal said: "I think the challenge to beat Liverpool from two goals down is a big one. We have to believe in this and it starts with the players and also the fans.

"We owe the fans a big result because they are paying to see that and we have to deliver. The results we have achieved this season are not what the fans are thinking we have to fulfil, but still they support this team and this manager. We need their support – the impact they make is big, as it was at Anfield.

"In sport, you can lose and you can win and you have to accept that, but we can only think that we will beat Liverpool. We can do this by 2-0, not 3-0, as we can do it in extra time. We have to do it in the 90 minutes 2-0 and then we have the chance to beat them. We have scored goals within three or four minutes this season, so it is possible."

Thursday’s game will be van Gaal’s 150th in Europe, as manager of Ajax, Barcelona, AZ Alkmaar, Bayern Munich and now United. But he’s more concerned with the task in hand for his side.

"You know all the statistics and I don't know that," the boss told reporters. "I did an interview with MUTV already and they told me that it has been 150 matches already – a lot, hey!? Do you know the statistics of how many I won or lost? That is more interesting.

"It is much more important that we beat Liverpool – that is our aim. If we can do that with a two-goal difference, without conceding, then fantastic. Then we have extra time and we have our fans and we have to make it!"

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Mar/louis-van-gaal-manchester-united-ready-big-challenge-europa-league-liverpool.aspx