Thread: Adnan Januzaj
View Single Post
Old 26-04-2013, 03:54 AM   #2
troy andreas

Thanked 1,947 Times in 1,102 Posts
Mentioned: 273 Post(s)
troy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant future

Visit troy andreas's Twitter
Default Re: Adnan Janujaz

Ini interview Januzaj beberapa waktu lalu

Januzaj's first-team aim

This Adnan Januzaj interview was for the current edition of monthly magazine Inside United. 09/04/2013 Report by Adam Marshall.

Have you been pleased with your impact at Under-21 level?
Yes. I always try to do my best in every game and try to get in the team. Hopefully, I can try to get in the first team in the future as well.

You had a taste of the action in the pre-season friendly at Aberdeen. How did you enjoy it?
It was a good experience. I really liked it and I hope it won’t be the last time that I play with the first team. I will keep working hard to try and get into the first team. I hope to have a big career at Manchester United.

Did you find it a step up at that level, as you managed to impress?
I think I did well. I always try to work hard for the team and not only for myself. I was really pleased to be with the first team. It was a good feeling and means you have more confidence and can play better.

Was it difficult to leave Anderlecht as they said you were earmarked for the first team there?
It was tough but, when you are coming to Manchester United, it is one of the biggest clubs in the world so you come here with the ambition to try and get in the first team of Manchester United. It’s a much bigger thing.

Is it a brave thing to do at such a young age?
It’s a big decision but you know you always have to keep working. Even if you make a big step, the work carries on until it pays off and you will do something in your career. I have to keep working and do my best.

What have you learned since moving to United?
I have learned a lot of things. When I came here with the Under-18s with Paul McGuinness and the Reserves with Warren Joyce, I have learned loads of things in England with those coaches. Clearly, they are really good coaches and I always try to listen to what they say and do my best to follow their advice. I get to work on what they tell me.

You often play in a floating role – is that your favourite position?
I always try to do my best in each position really. I still keep working hard wherever I play. Even if I need to be in defence, I am still doing my best.

But you’re a creative player so is it important you get on the ball as much as you can?
I really like to play with the ball at my feet. It is more my type of play than defending. I take the set-pieces as well and always try to deliver the best ball I can and do something for the team to help my team-mates.

How rewarding was it to hear Sir Alex talk about your potential?
Of course, it was great. He is a big coach, the boss, and it’s a good feeling. I always want to do better and better but it felt good and was a really big step for me. I hope to achieve something at Manchester United.

No matter how cold it is, Sir Alex is often at the matches..
I love this. He is a big coach, you can’t say anything more about him as he is one of the best in the world, but I don’t think other team’s managers come to watch the Under-18s and the Reserves. But it’s really professional here and I really like it at United. I feel good here.

Warren Joyce also said you really want to be a footballer. It sounds simple but is this a vital trait?
Ever since I was five, I’ve loved to play football and always had the ball at my feet. I am just trying to make a career in it because I really love football and I hope to keep going and do something for the future.

Was it difficult being sidelined for so long last season through injury?
Yes. I was still learning, even though I was injured, but I had never had an injury before and that was the first one. You learn a lot when you are injured. After that, I came back and wanted to show the coaches what I can do.

Were you able to work in the gym, even though you were unable to train?
Yes. That helps as well because you are getting stronger and doing different things that are all parts of football. So it was actually a good experience even if I hope not to be injured again!

You also had a slight delay before starting your United career. Was that frustrating?
That’s right. I had to wait for the paperwork to come through on the transfer. It was just a case of training hard, even though I wasn’t playing, and just thinking: ‘I don’t know but maybe tomorrow it will come through’. So I was just hoping to do my best.

You are one of four young Belgians here – how do you find that?
It’s very good to have Belgian players with you and it does help me. I had Paul Pogba here as well when I arrived and he was talking French so I was mostly talking with him. I learned with Pogba too and, when I started speaking English, I became more integrated with the other players. Now I’m talking with the English boys as well and am really pleased because speaking the language has made a difference.

Belgium have a formidable squad now at international level..
Yes, we have got good players in Belgium. Eden Hazard, Mousa Dembele etc. They are all big players but I hope to just do my best and have a good career with my football. I’ve never played for Belgium at youth level. It will come later, there is no point in rushing. I will just try to do my best for Manchester United and that’s it for now.

You are representing United in the Dallas Cup. Have you been to the USA before?
I’ve been to Portland when I was injured. I went to Niketown and it was really good. I worked hard and it was nice weather too.

So, finally, what are your ambitions?
I came here to do something and focus on my football. I may be in the Under-21s but it’s good to try and get in the first team even when you’re 18 as well. I would love to go on tour with the first team but we’ll see. I have just got to keep going.

Tingginya 180cm namun kurus gitu, 11-12 sama Fletcher

Assistnya beberapa waktu lalu

Last edited by troy andreas; 03-05-2013 at 12:26 AM..
troy andreas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to troy andreas For This Useful Post: