Thread: The Dutch Trio
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 07:53 PM   #7
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: The Dutch Trio

FRANK RIJKAARD CONFIRMS INTEREST IN SPORTING CP JOB

Rijkaard has said he wants Sporting job after being impressed with project...

Frank Rijkaard has given his availability for the coaching role at Sporting CP after being sagely advised by presidential candidate Dias Ferreira.

Speculation had been rife that Rijkaard would be in the frame for the top job in Lisbon, and the former Barcelona coach has announced he will take the job following talks with Ferreira.

"I am excited about the project of Dias Ferreira and Paulo Futre. Speaking with Paulo Futre, and the way he thinks of football, the way I understand football, I have realised we're on the same page," he told Lusa news agency.

"We want a very organised team, who play in an attractive way, with offensive football, but very organised.

"It is a big challenge, there is a lot of work to do, a lot of organisation, and I would like to help, to do well for the organisation, starting with the youth players.

"We agreed on the philosophy, on how we want to play and what we will need to reach that."

When pushed on changes he might look to make, Rijkaard was non-committal.

"It is not yet the time to talk about positions, players and names.

"First we will have to look at the results of the elections. Of course, in that, we expect to have a good result, and then we will discuss more about building the team."

The Portuguese side have been searching for a new coach since Paulo Cesar's departure.

Source : http://m.goal.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote