View Single Post
Old 09-02-2021, 09:39 AM   #170
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Faustino Marcos Alberto Rojo

Manchester United flop Marcos Rojo suffers injury 'due to inactivity' in his FIRST training session with Boca Juniors after going 15 months without a game at Old Trafford

* Marcos Rojo's lack of playing time appears to have caught up with him
* Rojo joined Boca Juniors from Man United 15 months on from last game for club
* And during his first training session with Boca, the Argentine picked up an injury
* Injury for the 30-year-old defender occurred 'due to inactivity' in recent times

Marcos Rojo's start to life at Boca Juniors certainly hasn't gone to plan after he sustained an injury 'due to inactivity' during his first training session with his new club, according to reports.

The Argentine defender finally ended his Manchester United nightmare by signing for Boca Juniors for an undisclosed fee this week, with his last game for the Red Devils coming 15 months ago.

After falling down the pecking order at United, Rojo joined Estudiantes on loan in January 2020 but he only played once as injuries continued to plague him.

And now as he looks to get his career back on track with Boca, Rojo has already suffered a setback after picking up an injury in his debut training session caused by 'inactivity' on the pitch - according to Argentine newspaper Olé.

It has been reported that Rojo might have been shocked by the intensity of the session given his long spell on the sidelines in recent times.

But Boca have since put Rojo - who is believed to have sustained a calf injury, according to local reports - on a lighter programme and he returned to the training pitch on Thursday.

It is expected that the 30-year-old will be able to increase the intensity once again in a few days, so that he can train properly under Boca manager Miguel Angel Russo and his new team-mates.

Marcos Rojo suffered an early setback at Boca Juniors after suffering injury due to 'inactivity'. Rojo finally ended his Manchester United nightmare by signing for Argentine side Boca Juniors. Rojo is looking to get his career back on track after a series of injuries led to lack of game time

Speaking after the injury, Rojo told Olé: 'I was training on my own, but it's not the same.

'Miguel told me that he had a plan for me to get quick to compete for a place (sic). It was good from the physical, but the first days it cost me a lot.'

It has been a horrid time of late for Rojo given his lack of playing time but he will be desperate to put his injury ordeals behind him as quickly as possible.

The Argentine defender made a total of 122 appearances for United after signing from Sporting Lisbon in 2014 for £16million.

Rojo won the FA Cup, League Cup and Europa League at United, although he was injured in the run to the final of the latter in Stockholm in May 2017.

After his departure was announced, Rojo took to Instagram to say farewell to United - he last played for them in November 2019 against Brighton.

'I want to take this opportunity to thank everybody at Manchester United who have helped me in the last 6 years,' Rojo wrote.

'Since arriving in 2014 I have always felt privileged to be part of this incredible club with so much history. Thank you to all the fans who have always supported me when wearing the Manchester United jersey.

'Now begins a new chapter for me in my career but I will always have Manchester United in my heart.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9227465/Man-United-flop-Marcos-Rojo-suffers-injury-inactivity-session-Boca-Juniors.html