View Single Post
Old 21-02-2017, 10:13 PM   #29
penk22_
Divisi IT

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter
Default Re: [2016/2017] Man United Fixture

UNITED FACE CHELSEA IN FA CUP QUARTER-FINALS

Manchester United will face Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the quarter-finals of The Emirates FA Cup.

The Reds booked a place in the last eight of the competition with an excellent comeback victory against Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park on Sunday. Danny Graham had opened the scoring for the hosts but Marcus Rashford equalised, before substitute Zlatan Ibrahimovic hit a winner in the second half.

The FA Cup quarter-final draw took place following the final whistle in Lancashire and Jose Mourinho’s men were duly paired with Chelsea, who won 2-0 at Wolverhampton Wanders in the fifth round on Saturday.

United's match at Stamford Bridge will be played on 10, 11, 12 or 13 March and our Premier League game at Southampton is therefore postponed. We will provide confirmation of a new date as soon as it is decided.

Speaking to at his post-match press conference on Sunday, Mourinho was asked about returning to his former club Chelsea. "I have no reaction because I have to play Saint-Etienne, the EFL Cup final and hopefully another opponent in the Europa League," he told reporters.

"I have to fight for a top-four position in the Premier League so I have so many things to think about. Probably Chelsea can only think about the FA Cup because I think they are champions and they have nothing else to play for, so the FA Cup is something important for them. The match is in one month's time and I don't want to speak about it now."

Marcus Rashford also offered his reaction to the quarter-final draw. "At this stage of the competition, we are going to be coming up against top quality opposition no matter where you go," he said on MUTV.

"They are in good form but so are we and we will be looking to go there and win the game. They have one over on us so we will definitely be going there to win the game."

FA CUP QUARTER-FINAL DRAW IN FULL
Chelsea v Manchester United
Middlesbrough v Huddlesfield/Manchester City
Tottenham Hotspur v Millwall
Sutton United/Arsenal v Lincoln City

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2017/Feb/Manchester-United-drawn-against-Chelsea-in-FA-Cup-sixth-round.aspx