View Single Post
Old 14-05-2018, 06:17 AM   #9
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: [EPL] Manchester United vs Watford

JOSE REACTS TO WIN OVER WATFORD

Jose Mourinho feels Manchester United can take plenty of positives from the Premier League season, after signing off the 2017/18 campaign with a narrow victory over Watford.

Marcus Rashford’s first-half goal saw the Reds beat the Hornets 1-0 at Old Trafford on Sunday, on captain Michael Carrick’s 464th and (almost certainly) final appearance for the club before he hangs up his boots at the end of the season.

Here is what the boss had to say after the game in his post-match interview with MUTV…

ASSESSMENT OF SEASON DEPENDS ON PERSPECTIVE
"It depends the way you want to analyse it. If you want to be positive and respect the effort of everyone and the clear numbers and pragmatic numbers of the improvement, you say all positive things – the best position for five years, a huge amount of points that would normally give a fight for the title until the last few weeks, lots of clean sheets, Golden Glove, more goals than last season and the second-best team in the country. Also, in the second major competition in the country, we are one of the two best teams; we are playing the final [against Chelsea in the FA Cup] so if you want to read it in a positive way, you can in a very objective way. But if you want to be negative, you can always be negative. You can be negative until the point that you say that Scott McTominay, who is a kid who arrived here at nine years old, is not good enough. So if you want to be negative, you can be negative without dimensions."

THE END OF CARRICK AS A PLAYER BUT THE START OF A COACH
"You know, I had similar situations with other big players. I will never forget Luis Figo’s last match at Inter Milan. Michael is different because he’s staying with us. It’s the end of a player but it’s the start of a coach and he stays at the club and he stays with us, so he’s not so hard."

I COULD COME UP AGAINST RUI FARIA IN THE FUTURE
"Yes [it feels like the end of an era] but maybe one day we are playing against each other in the Premier League. If that moment arrives, I will be a very proud guy because this man came to me when he was a kid 17 years ago so, if that happens, I will be a very proud guy."

WE’LL FOCUS ON FA CUP FINAL FROM TUESDAY
"One day off to disconnect a little bit but then, of course, on Tuesday we start thinking about the last week of work and the last week of work is for a final, so we don’t need more motivation than what we have."

www.manutd.com