View Single Post
Old 18-05-2018, 06:39 AM   #9
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: [FAC] Final : Manchester United vs Chelsea

WHO WILL BE UNITED'S KEY MAN ON SATURDAY?

One of the burning questions ahead of the Emirates FA Cup final with Chelsea on Saturday is just who will be Manchester United's key man on the big day?

We asked four of the club's legends to answer this poser and each came up with a different response. There were plenty of choices available to the former Reds, of course, with many individuals already playing their part during the road to the final in the victories over Derby County, Yeovil Town, Huddersfield Town, Brighton & Hove Albion and Tottenham Hotspur.

Andy Cole:
"Oh dear me! Well, if Eden Hazard and Willian play well, it will most probably be our keeper, David De Gea. He has been fantastic this season, winning Player of the Year again. Hopefully, we can get service to whoever plays up front too. If it's Romelu Lukaku, we'll have to wait and see."

Denis Irwin:
"I'm hoping Romelu Lukaku will be fit. We’ve struggled for goals, of late, without him. He’s such a main player for us and such a main goalscorer for us. I wouldn’t say we’re over-reliant on him but there are shades of last season when Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored very much the bulk of our goals. It’s been the same again this year. I hope Romelu will score against his former team and win us the cup."

Bryan Robson:
"I think Ander Herrera could be important if he gets a marking role from the manager but I wouldn't say he's going to be the most important player. The most important player is the one who is going to give Chelsea problems. Now, it's whether that's going to be Alexis Sanchez, Paul Pogba or Romelu Lukaku, if he's fit. They've all got a role in trying to create and score a goal for us. But I'm hoping Alexis can keep up his good record at Wembley. He's also had great success in this competition with Arsenal as well. Hopefully, it's his favourite competition and he can go on to put in a great performance to help win us the game."

Edwin van der Sar:
"Let’s hope to see the key man is Paul Pogba and he has a good game. He is a lad that almost has a Mancunian accent and really loves the club and the city. Let’s hope he gets the goals in the final."

www.manutd.com