View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #31
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football Tragedy [forever Remembered]

Lord Justice Goldring Committed to Hillsborough Inquest Starting on Time

Lord Justice Goldring has insisted he remains committed to ensuring there will be no delay to the inquest into the deaths of 96 Liverpool fans at Hillsborough in 1989.

At a preliminary hearing at London's Thistle Hotel on Monday, Lord Justice Goldring set out a timetable ahead of the final inquest, which has been scheduled for March 31, 2014.

Quote:
David Conn
@david_conn
Hillsborough pre-inquest hearing is finished. Huge scale of evidence over 96 people dead. Coroner determined new inquest will start March 31
And Lord Justice Goldring made it clear, per the Liverpool Echo’s live blog, that there will be no delays:

Quote:
There may be a degree of micro management that needs to be done but I am absolutely determined to ensure the inquests take place when I promised they would on March 31st next year.
A report by ITV had further comment from Lord Justice Goldring:

Quote:
I certainly remain committed to that date and it is partly for that reason that I have sought, obviously through those who are helping me, to drive those investigations forward as much as I can.

I shall not cease, so that it is absolutely clear, to seek to drive these investigations onwards as much as I conceivably can.
On April 15, 1989, 96 Liverpool fans lost their lives during the Reds’ FA Cup semi-final against Nottingham Forest.

The hearing will take place after the verdicts of accidental death from the original inquest in March 1991 were quashed.

Per a report by ITV, many family members were in attendance at the pre-hearing in London. Hotel staff had to provide extra seating to ensure everyone could get in.

The ITV report also stated that: “Pete Weatherby QC, representing 21 victims' families, told the hearing that handheld footage filmed by police at Hillsborough might have been edited.”

Steven Kelly lost his brother in the disaster and he gave an interview to Sky News:

“It's so shocking. Every new inquest into Hillsborough there is new evidence which suggests a cover-up.”

Quote:
Andy Gill
@MerseyHack
PW: concern over provenance of TV & other footage of #Hillsborough. Should be original tapes but they not sure they have it
The inquest into the deaths of the 96 will take place in Warrington, and Lord Justice Goldring indicated that they would sit five days a week to ensure the hearing does not "go on and on."

Code:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1801537-lord-justice-goldring-committed-to-hillsborough-inquest-starting-on-time