View Single Post
Old 20-04-2021, 09:35 AM   #3789
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wayne Mark Rooney

Wayne Rooney blasts 'crazy' sacking of his former boss Jose Mourinho and admits it is 'strange timing' just six days before Tottenham's Carabao Cup final showdown with Manchester City

* Wayne Rooney has criticised Tottenham for sacking manager Jose Mourinho
* Rooney says Tottenham could have waited until after the Carabao Cup final
* Derby boss Rooney played under Mourinho when he was at Manchester United

Wayne Rooney has branded Tottenham's decision to sack his old manager Jose Mourinho as 'crazy'.

Spurs have fired their Portuguese coach just six days before they meet Manchester City in the Carabao Cup final at Wembley, and Rooney believes there is no-one better to outwit Pep Guardiola than Mourinho.

The Derby County boss, who worked under Mourinho at Manchester United, warned that Spurs chief Daniel Levy is taking a huge gamble.

'I think it's crazy doing it before a cup final,' said Rooney. 'It's strange timing anyway. Surely they could have waited until after the cup final if that's the direction they wanted to go in.

Wayne Rooney says that it's 'crazy' that Tottenham have sacked manager Jose Mourinho. Rooney played under Mourinho at Manchester United and is confident he will bounce back

'Mourinho is a manager who loves winning trophies, that's quite clear to see. He's won a lot of trophies throughout his career.

'If there was one manager to set up a team to play against Man City in a cup final it's Jose Mourinho. Tottenham haven't had the best of seasons so from that point of view so it's crazy and a massive risk.

'I'm sure Daniel Levy could have waited until the day after the game, that would have made more sense if they wanted to get rid of Mourinho.'

Rooney believes Mourinho's departure will be met with mixed emotions among the Tottenham players, but is sure there will be no shortage of clubs willing to employ the 58-year-old.

'It depends on the players,' he added. 'I've been there myself. Some players will get encouragement from the decision and some players will be upset. It's purely down to each player individually.

'What happens a lot of times when a manager gets sacked and someone comes in, and a lot of times you get a good reaction.

Rooney says Spurs 'could have waited' until after the Carabao Cup final before deciding

'Jose is a fantastic manager. One of the best managers the game has seen. Unfortunately his time has come to an end at Tottenham but I'm sure he'll bounce back and I'm sure there will be a lot of top clubs out there looking to bring him in.

'It's purely up to him if he wants to come into another club in England, I'm sure there are a lot of clubs around the world who would love to have him..'

Rooney played under Mourinho at United in the 2016-17 season, during which he won the Europa League and the League Cup.

Having been appointed as Tottenham boss in November 2019, Mourinho oversaw a sixth-placed finish in the Premier League last season, while he leaves with the club currently in seventh place.

Tottenham were knocked out of the Europa League by Dinamo Zagreb in dramatic circumstances, while they were also beaten by Everton in the FA Cup.

Although they face Southampton in the Premier League on Wednesday, Tottenham's focus is mainly on the Carabao Cup final, when they will have the opportunity to win their first trophy since 2008.

This is the first time as a manager in English football that Mourinho has left a club without having won a trophy.

It will be intriguing to see what the 58-year-old's next move will be as he looks to show that he can still be a successful manager at the highest level.

RB Leipzig boss Julian Nagelsmann and Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers have both been linked with the Tottenham job.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9486545/Tottenham-SACK-Jose-Mourinho-just-six-days-Carabao-Cup-final.html
yup...seharusnya menunggu setelah final Carabou Cup, siapa tau Spurs juara kan, Mou layak dipertahankan dan diberi waktu. asal Kane bertahan dan Spurs beli pemain bagus rasanya Spurs bisa bersaing di PL musim depan