View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 08:31 AM   #7
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Haruskah Ole dipecat?

'If I was Allegri, I'd go to Manchester United': Fabio Capello urges former Juventus boss to hold out for shot at Old Trafford hotseat instead of taking Bayern Munich role

* Bayern Munich sacked Niko Kovac on Sunday after Frankfurt thrashed them 5-1
* Massimiliano Allegri has been touted as a possible replacement at the Allianz
* But ex-England boss Fabio Capello thinks he would be better suited to United
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been under fire at Old Trafford after a poor season

Former England boss Fabio Capello believes Massimiliano Allegri should snub Bayern Munich and instead hold out for the Manchester United job.

The German giants are looking for a new manager after sacking Niko Kovac following a humiliating 5-1 Bundesliga defeat at Frankfurt at the weekend.

And it is thought the club's hierarchy are keen on former Juventus boss Allegri, who is currently on a sabbatical after leaving Turin at the end of last season.

The Italian was a huge success at the Old Lady, winning five Serie A titles, four Coppa Italias and two Italian Super Cups in five seasons.

And Capello, who managed England for four years between 2008 and 2012, feels that Allegri would be better served by playing the waiting game until the Manchester United hotseat becomes available.

'He'd be a good fit at Bayern Munich, although I don't know how welcome Italians are in Germany after Ancelotti,' he told Italian station Radio Anch’io Sport.

'England's exciting, there's the possibility of working well and the Premier League is a championship that enriches you. If I was Allegri, I'd go to Manchester.'

Massimiliano Allegri is thought to be Bayern Munich's top target after they sacked Niko Kovac. Former England manager Fabio Capello has advised Allegri to wait for the Man United post

Manchester United have endured a poor start to the Premier League season, leaving manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer under pressure.

The Red Devils are currently 10th in the table after picking up just 13 points from 11 games - with only one win in their last five games.

Should the club decide to part ways with Solskjaer any time soon, they will likely look to a manager of Allegri's calibre, with United yet to experience a return to the glory days under Sir Alex Ferguson since the Scot retired from football in 2013.

United have since gone through four managers - David Moyes, Louis Van Gaal, Jose Mourinho and Solskjaer, with none lasting more than two seasons at the club.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7649537/Fabio-Capello-urges-Allegri-hold-Manchester-United-instead-Bayern-Munich.html