View Single Post
Old 21-07-2017, 10:05 PM   #20
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: [2017 Pre Season] Manchester United 2-0 Manchester City

POGBA: WE ALWAYS WANT TO BEAT MAN CITY

Paul Pogba produced another excellent pre-season performance as United beat local rivals City 2-0 in the first-ever Manchester derby to be played outside the UK.

The Frenchman provided a superb assist for Romelu Lukaku to open the scoring late in the first half, ahead of Marcus Rashford doubling the lead two minutes later with another astute finish.

The Frenchman spoke to MUTV following the final whistle at the NRG Stadium in Houston, Texas, to reflect on a third victory of Tour 2017, presented by Aon. Here’s what he had to say…

What are your thoughts on beating City and the performance?
"You know it is a derby. Whether it is a friendly game or not, you want to win against Manchester City and show that you are ready for the test. It is the third game today and we have to carry on like that. The winning mentality, we have to keep it."

This was the third match of the tour against quality opposition – how did you feel out there?
"Of course we felt much better. The legs are better for everyone. Now we have more minutes so we have to get ready. More and more we will push towards the league, and the European Super Cup game as well. We have to keep playing and getting more minutes to get fit."

Can you talk us through our second goal by Marcus Rashford?
"The second goal is very well played by Micki [Henrikh Mkhitaryan]. We had this counter attack a few times and the goal came easily. It is a great goal, great work by Micki like I said, and when Romelu has the ball on the left to keep Rashford free. He is alone in front of the keeper and he scores."

How important is it that our strikers are scoring goals on this tour?
"Last season we missed a lot of chances and we need to score goals. When we have chances we need to kill. A 1-0 win and three points are very important in the Premier League and we know that. So now we have to start scoring goals. We have done it today and we have to keep this mentality."

What happened with your chance to score in the second half?
"It was a nice chance for me. I didn't score, but I have to keep trying. You always say ‘shoot, shoot’. The ball came to me and I shot. It just touched the feet of the guy and I missed, but I will keep trying."

We enjoyed your dancing feet to keep the ball from Fernandinho…
"It was at the end and I wanted to keep the ball. Nobody was around so I just took him on. The most important thing is to not lose the ball and not let the team go into contact [situations]. So I took him on and crossed for the team."

You must hope that you won’t hit the bar so many times this season?
"Hopefully this season will be more on my side. But if I don't score and we still win then I will be the most happy."

www.manutd.com