View Single Post
Old 20-07-2020, 09:51 AM   #6
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [FAC] Manchester United 1 vs 3 Chelsea

JAMIE REDKNAPP: Manchester United looked a shadow of the side we've enjoyed watching recently in FA Cup defeat after dropping Anthony Martial, Mason Greenwood and Paul Pogba

* Anthony Martial, Mason Greenwood and Paul Pogba were dropped for FA Cup
* Manchester United lost 3-1 to Chelsea in the semi-final with a poor performance
* If I could change it, I would make it so the winners of the FA Cup qualify for UCL

Manchester United rested Anthony Martial, Mason Greenwood and Paul Pogba for their trip to Wembley and looked a shadow of the side we've enjoyed watching recently.

This is no dig at Ole Gunnar Solskjaer — I understand why he did it and Chelsea played well. But it's a crying shame that finishing in the top four has become more important than winning the FA Cup.

If I could change one thing in football, it would be that the winners qualify for the Champions League.

Offering a ticket to join Europe's elite would revitalise the competition. It would bring back that magic and make it more like it was when I was a kid. You might ask: 'But what if a Championship side won it?'

Manchester United looked a shadow of the team we've seen after they dropped key players. This is no dig at Solskjaer – I understand why he did it. It's a shame he has to prioritise top four

Well, I say brilliant, let them have a go! Isn't that supposed to be the beauty of this competition? The chances of that would be small anyway because the big boys would take it seriously.

I love the FA Cup and hate how finishing fourth to satisfy money men is considered bigger.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8539107/JAMIE-REDKNAPP-Manchester-United-looked-shadow-weve-enjoyed-watching-recently.html