View Single Post
Old 17-09-2013, 12:12 AM   #10
rondwisan

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter
Default Re: Manchester United - Loan Watch 2013/14

16/09/2013 - ManUtd.com, Adam Marshall

Loans: Ryan's new role

Ryan Tunnicliffe produced an eye-catching performance in a left-sided role in front of a scout from United.

Tunnicliffe played all but the last five minutes of Ipswich Town's impressive 3-1 victory against Middlesbrough, and was involved in the move that led to Luke Chambers' goal. "I'm enjoying myself," he said afterwards. "I'm on the left wing now and that gives me chances to come inside."*

Town chief Mick McCarthy had words of praise for the midfielder, stating afterwards. "Tunnicliffe’s been different class. I’m really pleased with him.

"He’s played there [left wing]. I discussed that with him. He played there at Peterborough and he’s quite happy as he quite likes that left-sided role, coming in, and he was unlucky not to get a goal coming in on his right foot."

Nick Powell came on for his Wigan Athletic debut as a 55th-minute substitute but was unable to prevent Owen Coyle's side from losing 2-0 at Leicester City, while*Reece James*did not feature in Carlisle United's 1-0 triumph against Sheffield United.

Overseas, Angelo Henriquez was heavily involved in Real Zaragoza's 3-0 win over Tenerife. The Chilean performed well on his home debut as Zaragoza kickstarted their campaign and was unlucky to see a first-half goal disallowed. The fans granted the new signing a generous round of applause when he was withdrawn towards the end.

Davide Petrucci continues to aid Royal Antwerp's push for promotion from the Belgian Second Division. Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink's team have won twice over the past week, against Tubize and Lommel United, with the Italian midfielder involved in both games.

Although Pacos de Ferreira remain pointless at the bottom of the Portuguese top flight, Bebe played for the entirety of a 3-1 away defeat to Benfica.

Marnick Vermijl's NEC Nijmegen are also at the foot of the Dutch Eredivisie table after a last-gasp equaliser by Feyenoord earned a 3-3 draw on Sunday. The Belgian played in his familiar role of right-back and told Omroep Gelderland: "We can take a lot of positives from today. We have ambition and want to move up the table."