View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 05:58 PM   #32
Zulfan
first team

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Zulfan is just really niceZulfan is just really niceZulfan is just really niceZulfan is just really niceZulfan is just really nice
Visit Zulfan's Twitter

LOUIS VAN GAAL'S VERDICT ON WEST HAM DRAW

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal spoke to MUTV after Saturday’s frustrating goalless draw against West Ham United at Old Trafford. Here’s what he said…

Assessment of the game
I think that we played a very good match, it's only we have to score. You must score out of the kind of chances we created. You need to score, otherwise you cannot win, and it is very frustrating, also for the players because they want to score. We have to finish better than we did today.

What can you do about the lack of goals?
You can train every day on shooting at the goal and you have to know that we are doing that. We put players in the position to score but you need composure and luck to score. The most important thing is that we are creating and we are dominant. Today, we were dominant and attacking, we were creating chances – only we forgot to score.

Can you understand the fans’ frustration?
Yes and no, because they can see that we fought until the end. There was a fantastic team spirit and we were dominant. We created many chances and you can only do that when you are attacking; we attacked much more than our opponents, who were defending in their square of 40 metres. That’s always difficult but we created a lot of chances. Yes, you have to score from those chances and we didn’t do that. That is our problem in the latest matches.

Rivals dropping points
Of course it’s frustrating but I look first at my own team – that’s the most important thing. We have to win in Wolfsburg – we need to score also in Wolfsburg to survive in the Champions League.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk