View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 12:28 PM   #18
alfiandrmwn
captain

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
alfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to behold
Visit alfiandrmwn's Facebook Visit alfiandrmwn's MySpace Visit alfiandrmwn's Twitter Visit alfiandrmwn's YouTube
Default Re: Cameron Borthwick-Jackson

CAMERON BORTHWICK-JACKSON COMING ON LEAPS AND BOUNDS

Jesse Lingard believes Manchester United team-mate Cameron Borthwick-Jackson's defending is "10 out of 10", even if he joked he is upset with the left-back for ruining his latest goal celebration.

United's first scorer in the 3-0 win over Stoke City has praised his fellow Academy graduate, who turned 19 on Tuesday, and celebrated with an assist for the opener and another polished performance.

"Cameron’s a very composed player," said Lingard. "He’s come into the first-team fold, he’s played a few games and now he’s getting that experience that he needs. He’s slotted right in and done very well.

"He has come on leaps and bounds from when I knew him in the Under-18s. He’s a relaxed and composed lad, he’s got a great cross in him and he gets forward a lot. His defending is 10 out of 10 as well, so he’s doing very well at the minute."

After diving to head home, Lingard tried to pull off another of his dab celebrations, like the one he performed at Newcastle United, but laughed: "Cameron ruined it, to be honest! It’s a little dance called the dab that I do."

There are plenty more youngsters within the Academy pushing for an opportunity at first-team level in the future and the 23-year-old has high hopes for some of the highly-promising teenagers.

"The manager likes youth and when we’ve had a chance we’ve taken it," Lingard added. "So I don’t see why the next batch can't come through and do the same."

Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Feb/cameron-borthwick-jackson-a-10-out-of-10-defender.aspx
alfiandrmwn is offline   Reply With Quote