View Single Post
Old 21-09-2010, 02:01 PM   #5
Sir Alsep Ferguson
Founder

Thanked 1,090 Times in 424 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Sir Alsep Ferguson is a glorious beacon of lightSir Alsep Ferguson is a glorious beacon of lightSir Alsep Ferguson is a glorious beacon of lightSir Alsep Ferguson is a glorious beacon of lightSir Alsep Ferguson is a glorious beacon of lightSir Alsep Ferguson is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Who's the Next No. 7 in Manchester United ???

Yang pantes pake no 7 CR7 .... hahaha

Code:
http://www.stretford-end.com/blog/2010/09/stretford-end-com-exclusive-united-monitoring-ronaldo-situation/

SE.com EXCLUSIVE – United monitoring Ronaldo situation

We can exclusively reveal that Sir Alex Ferguson is monitoring Cristiano Ronaldo’s situation at Real Madrid with the very real intention of re-signing the Portuguese winger. Ronaldo left Old Trafford in 2009 for a world record fee yet despite adapting comfortably to the Spanish league and despite inheriting Raul’s number 7 shirt, there are the occasional rumours of discontent. Now I can share that there has been actual, tentative movement to bring the 2008 Ballon D’or winner back to United.

I was told by an insider at Old Trafford, “Alex wants Ronaldo back, no question. He’s in regular contact with him and is giving him support but is actually hoping Madrid have a poor year and win nothing so the fans get on his back and Cristiano gets disillusioned. He has left the door open for Cristiano to give him a call at any time.”

My own opinion on this was the opposite; his desire to leave United was partly instigated by the fact he won all there was to win at the club, but my source insists that “fan power” may actually be more relevant in his future. Some Real supporters have actually booed Ronaldo this season; privately, Fergie is apparently delighted that this is the case, in the hope that this makes Ronaldo restless. Cristiano’s relationship with United supporters has undoubtedly improved immeasurably since he left, having spoken fondly of the club and the supporters on a number of occasions.

Some United players, too, are telling Ronaldo directly they want him to return, and are telling this to the manager as well.

If Fergie was to tempt Real (and there is a school of thought to suggest Mourinho might be tempted to do business if he sees his own long term future at United after Sir Alex retires) then it would be a case of history repeating itself, with the legendary story that the players hankered for the wing wizard to sign as a precocious teenager when he terrified our defenders in a pre-season friendly.

The news is a shot in the arm for United supporters; Sir Alex remarked over the summer there was only one player he was interested in spending a big amount on, and identified that as Ronaldo; and now United have – privately, at least – sent a clear message to Cristiano that the door is open and the chequebook is ready as soon as he wants to come home.