View Single Post
Old 15-03-2016, 02:18 AM   #72
penk22_
Divisi IT

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter
Default Re: [FA Cup] Manchester United vs West Ham United

VAN GAAL REACTS TO DRAW WITH WEST HAM

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal spoke to BT Sport, the press and MUTV after the 1-1 draw with West Ham United at Old Trafford in the Emirates FA Cup quarter-final.

Relieved to be in the draw?
I was very happy because, when you see the spirit of my team, it's unbelievable. When you lose a game against Liverpool, it's very deep in the club and all the players know that, and then you have to play within a few days against West Ham. They're a very good team and have fully prepared for this game for one week. We have to recover within two days and then are 1-0 behind so then, coming back like that, it's fantastic. I'm very happy for my players. I think also the fans have enjoyed this game and I think that's important.

View of the equaliser and Dimitri Payet's penalty shout
I have seen the video, of course, and I think Schweinsteiger gets a push from a defender so he did not do it deliberately [impede goalkeeper Darren Randolph]. Payet was, more or less, diving. Of course, he was maybe touched but not to fall like that. There is always discussion about the decisions of the referee. You can also say that about the game against Liverpool. I cannot say anything. I think the referee has to decide within seconds. I said that after the game against Liverpool and now it's the same.

Schweinsteiger influence
I think he did fantastically but, of course, he played 50 minutes and 90 minutes is different. I was very happy with him and also with Matteo Darmian. He has played only three minutes coming off the bench and onto the pitch because I wanted to make another change. He did well also when he had to come on. I have given a lot of compliments to my players.

Crowd reaction to Fellaini substitution
I think [Marouane] Fellaini played, again, a good match. He performed well in our game-plan so that [the crowd reaction] was disappointing but it was the only moment that I was disappointed. The fans were supporting our side in spite of two losses this week. Maybe they have another opinion to me.

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Mar/manager-reaction-louis-van-gaal-responds-to-manchester-united-1-west-ham-1-in-fa-cup.aspx