View Single Post
Old 20-02-2020, 08:58 AM   #19
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Erling Braut Haaland

'He's a top boy and it's fantastic for him': Ole Gunnar Solskjaer insists he is delighted for Erling Haaland after his blistering start at Borussia Dortmund... despite the striker snubbing chance to join him at Manchester United

* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer insisted he bears no grudges towards Erling Haaland
* The 19-year-old joined Borussia Dortmund over Manchester United in January
* Haaland has made a blistering start, scoring 11 times in just seven matches
* Solskjaer said: 'It's brilliant that Norway has a striker who can score goals again'

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has insisted he is happy for Erling Haaland following the Norwegian striker's blistering start to life at Borussia Dortmund.

The 19-year-old has scored an astonishing 11 goals in just seven games for Dortmund after sealing his £17million switch from Red Bull Salzburg in January.

Solskjaer, who worked with Haaland during his time in charge of Molde, was desperate to recruit his former player last month for Manchester United but the striker opted to join Dortmund instead.

The United boss personally travelled to Salzburg in December after Haaland had told the club he wanted to join them.

Despite Haaland - who scored twice in Dortmund's 2-1 win over Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League on Tuesday - making a U-turn after United had a row over payments to his agent Mino Raiola, Solskjaer insists he bears no grudges towards the player.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer insisted he's delighted that Erling Haaland cannot stop scoring. Haaland has smashed in 11 goals in seven games since joining Borussia Dortmund last month

'I normally never comment on opposition players, but since I've had Erling, I'm just delighted for him,' Solskjaer said when talking about the teenage prodigy's current form.

'He's a top boy, an absolutely fantastic kid, who you want the best for. And for Norway it's brilliant that we have a striker who can score goals again.'

Solskjaer was less positive about Marcus Rashford after he admitted that the England star may not play again this season - and could even miss Euro 2020 this summer due to a troublesome back injury.

He added: 'I would hope he's playing this season. It will just be touch and go towards the end.

'Hopefully we can get through this tournament and prolong the season.

'It takes time, I'm not a doctor. I was hoping he would recover quicker than what it looks like he's going to be out for.

'Another few months definitely. If he's not fit enough he won't go (to the Euros).'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8022607/Solskjaer-insists-delighted-Erling-Haaland-blistering-start-Borussia-Dortmund.html