Thread: Nemanja Matic
View Single Post
Old 26-03-2019, 09:55 AM   #77
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nemanja Matic

'They work as a team. It is not only Ole': Nemanja Matic calls on Manchester United to keep Solskjaer AND his backroom staff in the summer

* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has won 14 of his 19 games as Manchester United manager
* Nemanja Matic believes he should be given the job by club on permanent basis
* He also insisted the coaching staff were important to keep at Old Trafford

Nemanja Matic has thrown his weight behind Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's claims to be appointed permanent Manchester United manager.

Solskjaer has led United into the quarter-finals of the Champions League and dragged the Old Trafford club back into contention for a place in the top four since taking over.

And despite two defeats on the spin at Arsenal and Wolves prior to the international break, the Norwegian remains the most likely candidate for the job.

Nemanja Matic has backed Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to be permanent Manchester United boss. Matic is also keen for Solskjaer's backroom staff to be retained because of their importance.The midfielder said he believed the first win under Solskjaer, against Cardiff, was crucial

Matic has now heaped praise on him and called for the entire coaching staff to be kept on.

'I think he is a great manager,' Matic told ESPN when asked about the 46-year-old.

'But you have to say also that with Mike, Michael and Kieran, they work very well together. They work as a team. It is not only Ole.

'There are people behind him who help us. I will be happy if he stays, and I hope he will.'

Solskjaer has managed some surprising results since taking over, including wins against PSG, Chelsea, Tottenham and Arsenal.

It speaks for a general trend that has seen United win 14 of their 19 games since Jose Mourinho was dismissed in December.

Matic, surprisingly, believes the first win under Solskjaer, against Cardiff, has been the most important to their run of form.

'When you have good results, the confidence is higher,' he said. 'Especially in our team, confidence is very important because we have a lot of young players.

'After winning a few games under Ole, it was easier for us. To be honest, I don't know exactly what he has changed. After we won at Cardiff it was easier for us to play.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6848133/Nemanja-Matic-Manchester-United-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-backroom-staff.html