View Single Post
Old 26-11-2019, 08:18 AM   #527
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Luis Antonio Valencia Mosquera

'I made a mistake... I was on Instagram and pressed "like"': Antonio Valencia says he was NOT dropped by Jose Mourinho for reaction to social media post... and admits Man United's Paul Pogba can be a 'bigger' star

* Antonio Valencia says he wasn't dropped by Jose Mourinho for liking post
* Valencia accidentally liked an Instagram post calling for Mourinho to be sacked
* Ecuador international didn't play much but he says it was due to calf injuries
* Former United captain says that Paul Pogba is capable of being a 'bigger' star

Former Manchester United defender Antonio Valencia has revealed that him liking an Instagram post calling for Jose Mourinho to leave wasn't the reason why he barely featured for the club last season.

In October 2018, Valencia liked an Instagram post which said that Mourinho had made making watching United 'a punishment' and also called for the manager 'to go'.

The Ecuador international stressed that he didn't intend to like the post and added that the fact that he subsequently only played one more Premier League game under Mourinho was due to calf injuries.

Antonio Valencia says he wasn't dropped by Jose Mourinho for liking an Instagram post. Valencia liked an Instagram post which was critical of Mourinho in October 2018

Valencia told The Athletic: 'OK, let's clear it up. I made a mistake. I was on Instagram and I pressed the 'like' button on a comment by a fan. I never realised what it said. Jose is a smart guy. It was nothing.

'I sought the manager out, I said sorry and end of story. He said, "No problem". I didn't play in the last few games for Jose but it was nothing to do with that. It was different reasons.'

'I had a series of calf injuries and it was affecting my performances. That's why I was missing.'

After 10 years at United, Valencia left the club last summer as he sealed a move to LDU Quito in his homeland on a free transfer.

Valencia says that his former team-mate Paul Pogba is capable of being a 'bigger' star

Valencia also discussed his former team-mate Paul Pogba, who he feels is capable of being a bigger star than he currently is.

Valencia said: 'Paul is intelligent, a leader, a great player with talent but someone who needs the feeling and connection of a team. He is a star… but he can be a bigger star.'

'Paul needs the definitive love of a manager. There are players who have a lot of talent but need to feel important and to have the manager by their side. I think (Ole Gunnar) Solskjaer restored that to him.'

Pogba is currently sidelined with an ankle injury that has kept him out of action since September. The midfielder has made only six appearances so far this season.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7724147/Antonio-Valencia-says-NOT-dropped-Jose-Mourinho-reaction-social-media-post.html