View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 09:56 AM   #516
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Edwin van der Sar

Edwin van der Sar confirms interest in replacing Ed Woodward at Manchester United as he says he ‘would not work for any other clubs’ other than the Red Devils and Ajax

* Edwin van der Sar has confirmed his interest in the Manchester United role
* But he says the club have not contract him about replacing Ed Woodward
* The ex-keeper named the Red Devils and Ajax as the only clubs he would join
* Van der Sar says it is important to have a 'special feeling' for the club he joins

Edwin van der Sar has confirmed his interest in the Manchester United role but admits he has not received any contact from the club about replacing executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward.

Van der Sar was tipped to join the Red Devils prior to the appointment of John Murtough and Darren Fletcher as the club's football director and technical director respectively.

However, following the news of Woodward's departure in 2021, Van der Sar has stated his interest in the United role.

The former goalkeeper - who won the Champions League and four Premier League titles with United - has continually been linked with United.

Speaking of the rumours, Van der Sar told ESPN: 'It's nothing new for me, my name circulates there for a long time.'

He went on say that United was one of the only two clubs he would work for - naming Ajax as the second.

Edwin van der Sar (above) has confirmed his interest in the future Manchester United role. But he says Manchester United have not contract him about replacing Ed Woodward. Van der Sar says it is important to have a 'special feeling' for the club

Speaking about his future, he said: '[With] the work and pressure, you should have a feeling with the club. I could do the things Ronald de Boer is doing -- he works for us at Ajax and also here for you guys [ESPN]. He has more freedom than me, he has a good life.

'The pressure is different and I won't work at a club where I don't have a feeling. I could only do this for Ajax or United.

'I would not work for any other clubs. I am really happy with how we have [developed] Ajax in the last couple of years.

'We had ambitions 10 years ago to reach the top of Europe. We have reached that. We had to work really hard, we don't have a rich owner and the government didn't help us.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9534909/Edwin-van-der-Sar-confirms-replacing-Ed-Woodward-Manchester-United.html