View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 07:22 PM   #504
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ángel Fabián Di María Hernández

Manchester United flop Angel Di Maria insists he 'didn't give a f*** about the No 7 shirt' as he takes aim at his former club AGAIN... before recalling how 'insane' Jose Mourinho fought with Cristiano Ronaldo at Real Madrid

* Angel Di Maria says he 'didn't give a f***' about the famed Man United No 7 shirt
* The Argentine struggled to produce during a disappointing stint at Old Trafford
* However, he has blamed his shortcomings on then-United boss Louis van Gaal
* Di Maria has also spoken about a heated bust-up between Mourinho and Ronaldo
* The two clashed at Real Madrid after Mourinho slammed Ronaldo's work rate

Angel Di Maria has taken aim at former club Manchester United once again by claiming he 'didn't give a f***' about the club's iconic No 7 shirt that he was given to wear.

The Argentine joined United in a then club-record £59.7million transfer from Real Madrid in August 2014 but went on to endure a disastrous 12 months at Old Trafford.

Di Maria's time in the north west of England resulted in him resenting the club – and now he's sensationally claimed that the club's No 7 shirt meant nothing to him despite its long and storied history.

Angel Di Maria insists he 'didn't give a f***' about the iconic No 7 shirt at Manchester United. Di Maria endured a miserable season at United before he departed for PSG in August 2015. The No 7 shirt at United has been worn by the likes of David Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo

The No 7 shirt, worn by the likes of David Beckham, Cristiano Ronaldo and George Best in the past, was given to Di Maria upon his arrival – but it was the No 11 that he was truly after and never got.

'I didn't give a f*** about the Manchester United No 7, at first they talked to me a lot about it... it was just a shirt,' he told Libero.

Di Maria also blamed his shortcomings on then-United boss Louis van Gaal, claiming the Dutchman was the worst manager he ever had.

'My problem at Manchester was the coach,' Di Maria added.

Di Maria has also blamed many of his shortcomings on then-United boss Louis van Gaal (left)

'Van Gaal was the worst of my career. I would score, assist, and the next day he would show me my misplaced passes.

'He displaced me from one day to the other, he didn't like players being more than him.'

Di Maria spent just one season at United before leaving for PSG in a £44.3m deal in August 2015, where he has gone on to win 17 trophies.

He has also played under a number of great managers in his career, but it was during his time at Real Madrid where he saw the 'insane' side of Jose Mourinho.

Di Maria has also spoke about a heated bust-up between Jose Mourinho and Ronaldo at Real

Before sealing his ill-fated move to Manchester United, Di Maria was one of Mourinho's key men at the Bernabeu along with Ronaldo, with the trio enjoying plenty of success in their time together.

However, the two Portuguese men came to blows on several occasions, with Mourinho picking a fight with his compatriot over his perceived lack of effort.

'Mourinho is insane, with me he was always a good guy,' Di Maria added.

'He fought with anyone though, he didn't give a f***.

'One time he fought with Ronaldo telling him he didn't run, that everyone ran for him.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9950241/Manchester-United-flop-Angel-Di-Maria-insists-didnt-f-No-7-shirt.html