Thread: Jesse Lingard
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 09:39 AM   #217
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Jesse Lingard

LINGARD: LET'S MAKE MANCHESTER RED

Jesse Lingard is expecting a battle in the derby this weekend but is hoping Manchester is red come the final whistle at Old Trafford.

The England international is in sensational form for United and was instrumental in the big away victories at Watford and Arsenal, and he appreciates his side must again perform well if the Blues' winning run in the Premier League is to be ended.

The Reds' flawless home record gives extra cause for optimism and, with Pep Guardiola's men currently eight points clear at the top of the table, the outcome could have a major bearing on the title race.

"I am confident," Lingard told United Review, Sunday's official match programme. "As long as we start the game well, like we did at Arsenal, I don’t see any reason why we can’t win.

"There will be two great teams going out there. Like us, they have lots of big players. When [Kevin] De Bruyne’s on the ball, he’s always got that eye for a killer pass that can put a player one-on-one with the keeper, and Raheem Sterling’s been popping up with the late goals.

"We don’t know what the game is going to be like. It might be a battle, it might not be pretty, but it's going to be full-on for 90-plus minutes. We need to be on point until that whistle goes, so everyone needs to stay highly-concentrated throughout."

The Warrington-born Red came through the ranks at United, competing in Manchester derbies at all age levels. He clearly understands what the game means and insists any friendships with the Blues go out of the window when matchday comes around.

"I knew quite a lot of them [City’s Academy players] growing up, and through the England set-up as well," he continued. "I’m good friends with Raheem [Sterling] off the pitch. But when you’re on the pitch, there are no friends and we’re there to do a job and win the game.

"We need to make sure that Manchester is red at the end of the day."

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote