Thread: Jesse Lingard
View Single Post
Old 18-12-2017, 07:52 PM   #218
penk22_
Divisi IT

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter
Default Re: Jesse Lingard

LINGARD : I'M HUNGRY FOR MORE GOALS

Jesse Lingard insists he is "hungry for more goals" after adding to his impressive tally in Manchester United’s 2-1 win over West Brom on Sunday.

Lingard’s deflected strike was enough for the Reds to bag three vital points at The Hawthorns and, in the process, he notched his seventh goal this season. And United’s no.14 admits his new central position means he can have more of an impact on the game.

“Obviously playing further forward you are going to get more goals and create chances also, so to play there with Romelu [Lukaku] means we are getting that understanding now and chipping in [with goals] together,” he told reporters after United’s victory in the West Midlands.

“I [played there] when I was younger and, when I got into the Reserves side, I played more on the left or the right for my development, but eventually moved inside again. “I think [playing centrally] you get on the ball a lot more and you can make things happen more and you can obviously play closer to the main striker and feed off him.

“I'm hungry for more goals and any way I can help the team - assists, goals - and to win the game is the most important thing.”

Commenting on the game itself, Lingard thought it was vital the Reds responded in positive fashion following the derby disappointment with back-to-back wins.

“It's another three points," he added. "I thought we defended very well and it was comfortable first half and we kind of let it slip second half but it's another three points.

“To bounce back with a win [was important]. We're doing very well on the whole at the moment. Keep that up and we'll see where we are at the end of the season.”

When asked if he thought the Reds could catch rivals Manchester City at the top of the Premier League, Lingard said: “I think, any other season, we would be top with the points we have, so as long as we keep winning games that's the most important thing and we will see where we are. We will take each game as it comes, we'll concentrate on the next game ahead and see where we are at the end of the season.

“With the squad we have got we have to always believe in each game. Some games we will play bad and win the game and sometimes we will play good and lose the game so it's one of those hap hazards of football.”

Lingard celebrated his 25th birthday this week and he now admits he is passing on his knowledge to help the younger players progress.

“Obviously, I look after the other ones – Scott [McTominay], Axel [Tuanzebe], Rash [Marcus Rashford]. I have just got to keep working hard on the training pitch,” he continued.

“I think you have got to help them. I think it's always hard for a young lad coming through. For the likes of Scott who has done well when he has come in, Axel also, it's just keep working hard in training and it will eventually pay off.”

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2017/Dec/Manchester-United-attacker-Jesse-Lingard-hungry-for-more-goals.aspx