View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 08:29 AM   #47
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Daniel Owen James

JAMES EXCLUSIVE: HOW FERNANDES HAS IMPRESSED

Daniel James is impressed by the way that new signing Bruno Fernandes is settling in at Manchester United, following the playmaker’s transfer from Sporting Lisbon in late January.

Our young Wales international was full of praise for the Portuguese while speaking after the first session of a warm-weather training camp in southern Spain. It was only the second time that Daniel had trained alongside Bruno, whose first workout was completed on 31 January ahead of his United debut a day later.

As you can read here, in our exclusive interview, James is confident that he can form a positive relationship with Fernandes and make the most of his creativity. But before getting on to the no.18, our lightning-fast forward offers his thoughts on the trip so far, the conditions and his own fitness at this stage of the campaign…

Dan, we're here in southern Spain and day one of training is complete. How was it for you?
“Yeah it was obviously great. We had a little break and it is nice to come out here and train, get a little bit of fitness and get a bit back into our legs, so it has been a good session today.”

These conditions, by the way, are absolutely stunning and it is not quite the same as Manchester. How beneficial will this be for the lads?
“Yeah I think it is great. Obviously, these warm-weather camps always help and always benefit us when we get back home. I think it is good to get out here. It is obviously a little bit warmer than it is at home. It is good to get here and get the last few weeks out of our legs, which will really benefit us when we go back.”

You looked sharp in the training that we saw today. How are you feeling physically at this stage of the season?
“Yeah I feel great. I think the week that has just gone was a time to get your legs up and get away from football for the week. Coming back here [to Spain]I think everybody is in great condition and is ready for the rest of the season.”

We have some new signings and two of them are here, with the highest profile being Bruno Fernandes. How is he settling in and what do you make of him so far?
“Yeah he is settling in great. I know quite a few of the boys speak his language and he speaks great English as well. So I think as soon as he came in he put his stamp on the game and he showed what he is about in that last game, on his debut. He was great, with the balls he played in behind and, for me, if we can get that bond, especially playing it in behind, I think that will be great.”

Looking ahead to the season run-in, we're fighting in the Premier League and there is a chance of winning two cup competitions as well. What would that mean at this stage of your career?
“Yeah it would mean everything. That is why I am at this club, to win trophies. We have got a great chance in both of them. Obviously we have got the Premier League game on Monday [against Chelsea] and then we have got that Europa League game [against Club Brugge] on Thursday, so we will go into both of those with our heads held high.”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote