View Single Post
Old 13-07-2018, 10:21 AM   #1787
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: David Robert Joseph Beckham

David Beckham says Miami was 'always his city' as he explains reasons behind bringing MLS side to the area

* David Beckham announced in January that he would bring an MLS team to Miami
* On Sunday evening, his business partner and the club revealed stadium design
* Beckham an event to present more details of the proposals to Miami City Council

David Beckham has explained why he has chosen to bring an MLS side to Miami.

The footballing legend and Miami businessman Jorge Mas announced in January that they would bring an MLS side to the Magic City with plans to have their first season in 2020.

Mas gave fans a glimpse at the team's new Freedom Park stadium design on Sunday, which will be set in south Florida in the United States.

And the pair put on a united front as they attended the 'say yes to Futbol' event to present more details of their proposals to Miami City Council.

Beckham briefly addressed fans who held banners in support outside the Miami City Hall before heading inside.

The 43-year-old then addressed board members of The City of Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce, saying: 'I'm passionate about the game. I'm passionate about being successful. I've played professional soccer for the last 22 years.'

He continued, 'I could have gone to another city, but this was always my city. It's always where I wanted to have our team.'

David Beckham speaks on stage to fans before appearing before the Miami City Commission

The plans will involve the redevelopment of a city-owned golf course near Miami International Airport.

According to the Miami Herald, there will be construction of a 25,000-seat stadium, as well as a restaurant, public park, office buildings and hotels.

Beckham looked in good spirits despite admitting he was 'gutted' by England's World Cup semi-final defeat to Croatia the night before.

The former Manchester United and Real Madrid star took to Instagram in the wake of the result, heaping praise on the current crop of players.

'Gutted, now I truly know what it feels like to be watching a team as a fan not just a player,' Beckham wrote alongside a picture of a fan holding an England flag.

'The boys did us so proud and there is so much to be excited about. A semi-final of the World Cup is incredible!

'There is also a great crop of young players coming through having won major youth tournaments so the future is bright for this generation and for the next 10 years.

'Never stop believing because the country has had an amazing 5 weeks watching the boys play. We can be proud.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5948647/David-Beckham-says-Miami-city-explains-reasons-MLS-side.html