View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 03:39 PM   #12
penk22_
Divisi IT

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter
Default Re: [EPL] Arsenal vs Manchester United

TEAM NEWS FOR ARSENAL ENCOUNTER

Jose Mourinho has admitted he will rest players in Sunday's Premier League showdown at Arsenal with the Europa League semi-final second leg against Celta Vigo on the horizon.

The Reds take a 1-0 lead into the Old Trafford clash with the team from La Liga and, while the boss remains determined to get one over a Gunners side that sits one place below United in the table, he is planning to make several changes.

After conceding the draw with Swansea City has seriously hampered the bid for a top-four slot, Mourinho will analyse his options as the Reds recover from the trip to Spain.

Marouane Fellaini certainly misses out, due to suspension, while Ashley Young must be a major doubt after hobbling out of the action at Estadio Balaidos. Marcus Rashford is carrying a knock but the boss hinted it was not a major problem, while Luke Shaw, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Marcos Rojo are out for the season.

Tim Fosu-Mensah could also remain sidelined but there is plenty of positive news with Chris Smalling making his comeback as a late substitute in Spain and Phil Jones travelled but was not part of the matchday squad. Juan Mata has twice been an unused substitute as he awaits his return to action, following groin surgery, while Michael Carrick and Wayne Rooney were also not called upon as Marcus Rashford's free-kick won the tie.

David De Gea is to return in goal at Sergio Romero's expense, despite another clean sheet for the regular Europa League keeper against Celta.

"I don't like to say this competition is for one keeper and that competition is for another one," explained Mourinho. "Sergio played one match in the Premier League, David played two matches in the Europa League against Feyenoord and Fenerbahce.

"Sergio also played one match in the League Cup, David played in the other matches and in the final. I don’t like that complete separation. But, Sunday, we play David. So, certainly we have two fantastic goalkeepers and we have a third goalkeeper [Joel Pereira] that I think will be the best Portuguese goalkeeper of the next generation. We have great goalkeepers and anyone in goal, my trust will be in them."

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2017/May/manchester-united-team-news-for-arsenal-match-on-7-may.aspx