View Single Post
Old 22-04-2014, 11:58 AM   #257
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Criticism Moyes Strategy

David Moyes couldn't find a settled side and picked 51 different starting XIs in 51 games!

It is the players who should be on trial at a football club, not the manager.

David Moyes walked into a Manchester United dressing room with 216 trophies between them.

The squad were used to being challenged and pushed every day by Sir Alex Ferguson, a man who had won more than any of them. Unfortunately, Moyes has no trophies to his name, so how was he supposed to earn their respect?

I was concerned for Moyes — a man who I have interviewed and have enormous respect for — when captain Nemanja Vidic announced he was going to leave the club. He pulled away his support for the manager and that sent out all the wrong signals.

Time's up! Sir Alex Ferguson played a major part in electing Moyes as his successor

When you start at a new club, you need to work out quickly who your best players are and then formulate a system that will suit them.

Moyes failed to do either, picking 51 different starting XIs in his 51 games in charge. Yes, Ferguson used to rotate his squad, too, but he knew who he could rely on in the big games.

Moyes couldn’t crack the code and at times his system seemed old-fashioned. United weren’t great at the back under Ferguson but they could usually outscore opponents.

Moyes tried to iron out those defensive deficiencies but he took away United’s attacking instinct in the process.

While Liverpool and Everton are now playing with freedom, United look outdated. They had to act — a club as big as United cannot afford to have a transitional period.

Real Madrid or Barcelona would probably not have waited this long before getting rid of someone.

I’m sure Moyes will be successful again and I’d expect his next job to be abroad.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2609901/Martin-Keowns-Verdict-David-Moyes-win-Man-United-teams-respect.html