Thread: Luke Shaw
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2021, 09:20 AM   #354
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Luke Shaw

Luke Shaw opens up to Gary Lineker on the 'very hard time' he had under Jose Mourinho - and insists Solskjaer's 'man management is second to none' as he enjoys his best season at Manchester United

* Luke Shaw and Jose Mourinho endured a frosty relationship at Man United
* Mourinho regularly criticised the left back, particularly against Everton in 2017
* Shaw admitted the criticism hurt but knew keeping quiet was the best policy
* The England defender has praised Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's role in his resurgence

Luke Shaw has admitted he went through a 'very hard time' at Manchester United when he was on the receiving end of criticism from former boss Jose Mourinho.

The duo endured an extremely strained relationship during the current Tottenham manager's two-and-a-half years spell at Old Trafford.

Mourinho was particularly scathing in his assessment of the England left back during a stalemate against Everton in 2017 when he claimed he had to 'make every decision' for Shaw, and their relationship did not improve before the Portuguese departed in 2018.

Luke Shaw admitted he went through a 'very hard time' at Man United under Jose Mourinho. The duo endured an extremely strained relationship for two-and-a-half years at Old Trafford. Shaw found the criticism difficult but admitted the best policy was to keep working hard

And asked by Match of the Day presenter Gary Lineker how the comments made him feel, Shaw told the BBC: 'It was a very hard time because sometimes I wasn't able to get my word across or people were only hearing it from one side of the story.

'I knew at the time it was better just to keep quiet. A lot of people were behind me here so I knew I had the backing but I knew I needed to keep quiet and improve.

'I have gone through a lot which has made a better person.'

Shaw has enjoyed a resurgence this season under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer with five assists in 26 appearances so far this season, his joint-best return since joining for £30million from Southampton in 2014.

Shaw has returned to form under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and praised his man management

And the 25-year-old has praised the Norwegian's man-management skills and feels the belief he has felt from him has helped him excel this season.

'Ole's style is benefiting me the most and that I have had for a while,' Shaw added. 'His man management is second to none, he is really good.

'I feel he knows exactly what he needs to do to get the best out of the players.

'It is always nice to have an arm around the shoulder, I would be lying if I said it doesn't make you feel better, but it is just the confidence and belief that the manager has shown in me has pushed me on to another level.

'There is still much more to come I think and I am still quite young so I still have time to improve.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9242325/Luke-Shaw-opens-Gary-Lineker-hard-time-Jose-Mourinho-Man-United.html