Thread: Marcel Sabitzer
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2023, 10:49 AM   #5
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marcel Sabitzer

Marcel Sabitzer strikes a pose as he is pictured in a Man United shirt for the first time since his deadline day loan arrival from Bayern Munich - as they reveal he'll wear No 15, previously worn by Andreas Pereira

* Marcel Sabitzer has been pictured in a Manchester United shirt for the first time
* The midfielder joined Man United on loan from Bayern Munich on deadline day
* The images have revealed that the Austrian will be wearing the No 15 short

Marcel Sabitzer has been pictured in a Manchester United shirt for the first time since completing his deadline day loan switch from Bayern Munich.

The Red Devils captured the signature of the Austrian international midfielder on loan for the remainder of the season on transfer deadline day with them moving quickly after Christian Eriksen was ruled out for the next three months.

United have released the images of the 28-year-old striking a few poses in their home kit after arriving at Old Trafford earlier this week for his fresh challenge after being frozen out by the Bundesliga giants this season.

The images posted by the club also revealed that the former RB Leipzig star will be wearing shirt number 15 shirt for the club, which was previously worn by Andreas Pereira.

The Brazilian left United during the summer transfer window when he made a £10million switch to newly-promoted Premier League side Fulham after struggling to break his way into the first-team.

Marcel Sabitzer has been pictured in a Manchester United shirt for the first time since joining. The images revealed that the midfielder will be wearing shirt number 15 shirt for the club

Sabitzer watched on as his new team-mates at Old Trafford faced Nottingham Forest in their Carabao Cup semi-final second-leg, where they sealed a 2-0 victory to cement a place in the final.

The midfielder will now be hoping to make his debut for his new side against Crystal Place on Saturday in the Premier League, although he might be expected to start on the bench given his recent arrival.

Sabitzer told the club after his arrival: 'Sometimes in life you have to make quick and important decisions.

'From the moment I heard about this opportunity I knew it was right for me. I am a competitive player; I want to win and help the club achieve its aims this season.

'I feel that I am at my peak as a player, and that I can contribute a lot of experience and energy to the squad.

'I'm excited to start with my new teammates and manager and to show my qualities to Manchester United fans.'

The Austrian international was delighted to agree a deal with Manchester United in January. Sabitzer, who was pictured in the club's home kit, will hope to make his debut on Saturday

Red Devils boss Erik ten Hag has also heaped praise on new signing Sabitzer and insisted he 'needed' the Austrian midfielder after United's injury crisis.

'We are really happy with that transfer because we needed it after Donny van de Beek dropped out, now Christian Eriksen for a longer time.

'Also, I think for a shorter time, Scott McTominay is also not available. So that gave us a shortage of midfield players but then to bring a quality player in on deadline day, that's difficult!

'Then we got this opportunity. I know the player already a long time from Salzburg and especially from Leipzig, he performed fantastic, so I expect that he will do the same here.

'I think he has a great attitude, he is in the right age and I'm sure this opportunity will motivate him strongly and he will perform for us.'

Sabitzer has played 54 times since arriving at Bayern in 2021, scoring twice, but has struggled to nail down regular first team football.

He started just eight times in the Bundesliga last season, coming off the bench 17 times - scoring once and providing one assist.

The midfielder made a name for himself at RB Leipzig with some impressive displays between 2014 and 2021.

The 28-year-old appeared 229 times in total for Leipzig, netting 52 goals in the process before earning a £14m switch to Bayern.

Sabitzer will now link up with United, as they bid to fill the void left by Eriksen and provide competition for Casemiro, Bruno Fernandes, Fred and Scott McTominay in midfield.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11705541/Marcel-Sabitzer-strikes-pose-pictured-Man-United-shirt-time.html