View Single Post
Old 27-07-2017, 12:07 PM   #6
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: [2017 Pre Season] Barcelona vs Manchester United

PEREIRA: BARCELONA GAME WAS A GOOD TEST

Manchester United's Brazilian prospect Andreas Pereira strongly believes the Reds will benefit from the experience of facing FC Barcelona in Maryland, despite losing 1-0 to Neymar’s first-half goal.

The result at FedEx Field - home of NFL team Washington Redskins - is the club’s first defeat of Tour 2017, presented by Aon, after the four wins over LA Galaxy, Real Salt Lake, Manchester City and Real Madrid.

While it is disappointing to have lost the unbeaten run in the United States, substitute Pereira was positive and upbeat when he spoke to MUTV at pitchside following the final whistle.

“It was a good test, it was good for us in the preparation period and we will definitely use that when the real competitions start,” said Andreas on Wednesday night. “Playing against such strong teams works you harder, you get more focus for the games and it is a good test for us, as well as them.

“The games have been getting harder each time and it is good for us, as we have an important match in the Super Cup against Real Madrid next month.

“We are testing ourselves as much as possible. We will definitely use this experience as we have the Champions League to play in this season. Now we know what to do against Barcelona if we play them in that.”

Pereira faced Barcelona twice in 2016/17 while on loan at Spanish club Granada and, now back at United, the young Brazilian is determined to force his way into Jose Mourinho’s plans.

Following five appearances in the US, Andreas is pleased with his progress. “For me it is going well,” he explained. “I am doing my best, I want to get into the team this season, I want to help my team and hopefully we can achieve a lot this season.”

www.manutd.com