View Single Post
Old 16-03-2016, 01:48 PM   #16
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [UEL] Manchester United vs Liverpool

Manchester United skipper Wayne Rooney hopeful ahead of Europa League: 'Liverpool will be tough but two goals is doable'

* Manchester United's Wayne Rooney believes Europa League comeback is more than doable
* The 30-year-old conceded arch-rivals Liverpool are a tough side to beat
* Rooney is also hopeful he can win his fitness battle before end of season

Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney is adamant their Europa League quest isn't over despite the two-goal deficit they face against Liverpool.

Goals from Daniel Sturridge and Roberto Firmino put Jurgen Klopp's side in the ascendency in the first leg of the last-16 clash.

Speaking to The Mirror, Rooney believes his side can overcome the aggregate disadvantage but conceded it's a testing task.

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney (centre) is hopeful his side can comeback against Liverpool

He said: 'Liverpool is going to be tough but two goals is doable. We have good players and the first goal will be important. If we get that, then we will be back in the game.'

Rooney will miss the second leg at Old Trafford as Louis van Gaal's side aim to put their current on-field problems aside.

But the England striker is hopeful he'll soon be putting his injury woes behind him.

'It is going as planned. I don't know when for definite when I'll be back, but it will be after the international break,' he added.

'I am hoping, depending on the two cups we are still in, there could be 10 games left for United, plus the England games, so I do no think that would be a worry.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3492940/Manchester-United-skipper-Wayne-Rooney-hopeful-ahead-Europa-League-Liverpool-tough-two-goals-doable.html