View Single Post
Old 19-04-2018, 09:32 AM   #4
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [FAC] Semifinal : Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur

Paul Scholes suggests Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho should bench Alexis Sanchez for FA Cup semi-final against Tottenham: 'Martial and Rashford are a better option'

* Alexis Sanchez was dropped for Wednesday's 2-0 win away to Bournemouth
* Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial impressed for United on the south coast
* Paul Scholes believes two young stars should start FA Cup tie ahead of Sanchez
* United take on Tottenham at Wembley on Saturday in the first FA Cup semi-final

In the wake of Manchester United's dominant 2-0 away win against Bournemouth, club legend Paul Scholes offered some advice to Jose Mourinho ahead of his FA Cup semi-final team selection.

The BT Sport pundit believes Mourinho should start Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial either side of Romelu Lukaku - rather than allow January signing Alexis Sanchez to take one of the wide roles.

United take on Tottenham at Wembley in the FA Cup semi-final on Saturday evening and Scholes would keep Sanchez, having been dropped for the Bournemouth win, benched for the Wembley showpiece.

Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial should start the FA Cup semi-final, claims Paul Scholes. The pair were given a rare starting berth in the impressive 2-0 win over Bournemouth. Alexis Sanchez was benched and Scholes says he should be overlooked for FA Cup semi-final

'I think the big decision is who plays either side of (Romelu) Lukaku,' Scholes said. 'I’d go (Marcus) Rashford and (Anthony) Martial but I think he’ll probably bring Sanchez back into it.

'I just don’t think his form has been good enough. I think he’s been quite predictable – we all know the talent he’s got.

'Obviously there is a magnificent player in there but at Manchester United he’s just not showing it yet. I think Martial and Rashford are a better option.'

Jose Mourinho made seven changes and witnessed a handful give him a selection headache. But Scholes felt Sanchez's form has not merited a start against Tottenham at Wembley

Quote:
SCHOLES' TEAM TO FACE TOTTENHAM

United XI (4-3-3): De Gea; Valencia, Bailly, Smalling, Young; McTominay, Matic, Pogba; Martial, Lukaku, Rashford

*Based on Scholes' comments after United's game at Bournemouth
Wednesday's win on the south coast was an impressive team performance but with Mourinho making seven changes from the embarrassing home defeat to West Brom — which handed Manchester City the title — a number of players may have played themselves into contention for Wembley.

'(Chris) Smalling plays at centre-half,' continued Scholes as he ran through his preferred United side.

'I thought (Phil) Jones played well tonight but he’s not played a lot of games. I think (Ashley Young and (Antonio) Valencia will come back in.

'(Nemanja) Matic will come back in. (Paul) Pogba will play. Will he play (Ander) Herrera? I don’t think so. He’ll need to get two people in alongside Pogba because in the Wembley game (in the league) he was all over the place.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5631739/Paul-Scholes-says-Marcus-Rashford-Anthony-Martial-start-ahead-Alexis-Sanchez-FA-Cup.html