View Single Post
Old 21-03-2016, 09:28 PM   #54
penk22_
Divisi IT

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter
Default Re: [EPL] Manchester City 0 vs 1 Manchester United

Van Gaal reflects on derby victory

Louis van Gaal was delighted to lead Manchester United to a derby win over Manchester City after a 1-0 victory at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday.

On the result
"I'm very happy. I think we played a very good first half. The second half we had chances to score the second, but then we fought until the end and survived. A lot of players had cramp, but that's logical I think when you play on Thursday too. I think it [the performance] was fantastic. We did it also against Arsenal after playing on a Thursday and beat them and we have beaten Manchester City also. I am very happy because it's not easy to win here."

On the performance of Rashford

"He is a real striker and that's why I played him in that position because he can make goals and he is also an attacking point and runs the channels. I like him very much, but still he is 18 or 19 years old so we have to wait and see how consistent he is."

On the penalty claim on half-time
"I have seen it from the bench and I think I can say it was a penalty but the referee has it very difficult, he has to decide within one second. I think we have to help the referee with a video referee, I have been saying that already for 20 years. Now I think it shall turn a little bit with the new board in FIFA, so I hope that the video referee shall come."

Lingard at no.10
“Yes, that is why I have put him there [because he played well], but sometimes also I need a right winger who is fast. It’s also dependable on the opponent and the game plan, but I think Jesse is more of a midfielder than a right-winger. He played there two times very well."

On team spirit and the rest of the season
"When I see the dressing room I think it [this result] shall give a boost and real belief. It was fantastic to see. We fight every match of course, but now we have a big result and it was a long time ago that United has won here so it's also fantastic for the fans. I think we have to fight until the end. We have more home matches than away matches. At Old Trafford, we don’t lose so much and we have the support of our fans."

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Mar/manager-reaction-louis-van-gaal-gives-his-views-on-the-manchester-derby-victory.aspx