View Single Post
Old 25-09-2014, 10:35 AM   #48
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UEFA - Financial Fair Play

Liverpool set to be investigated for breaching financial fair play regulations

* UEFA are set to investigate Liverpool over FFP breaches
* Governing body is also looking at Monaco, Inter Milan and Roma
* Reds will not suffer financial sanctions but risk having their Champions League prize money withheld
* Liverpool made a loss of £49.8m last season, although they hope to write off a large proportion as allowable stadium expenditure
* Manchester City and PSG have already been heavily hit for breaking rules

Liverpool are being investigated by UEFA for possible breaches of their financial fair play rules.

Liverpool, Monaco, Inter Milan and Roma — who were all absent from European competition last season and have recently submitted accounts to UEFA — are due to be asked for further information about their finances.

No financial sanctions will be imposed at this stage, though a provisional sanction to withhold Champions League money is possible as a next step.

UEFA is set to investigate Liverpool for breaching financial fair play regulations

The Reds are hoping to write off proportion of losses as allowable stadium expenditure

The Merseyside club made a loss of £49.8million for the 2012-13 season, and £40.5m for the 10-month period before that.

Liverpool will hope to avoid any sanctions by writing off a big chunk of losses as allowable stadium expenditure.

The 2011-12 accounts reported that £49.6m was associated with Liverpool’s stadium costs, £35m of which was related to the aborted plan to build a new home at Stanley Park.

UEFA’s FFP rules say losses must be no more than £35.4m over the 2011-12 and 2012-13 seasons, but allow expenses such as youth development and stadium costs to be written off.

Meanwhile, Rickie Lambert has asked Liverpool’s conditioning team to intensify his training regime in an attempt to kick-start his Anfield career.

The England striker made his first start since his £4m move from Southampton in Tuesday’s Capital One Cup win over Middlesbrough and was made captain. But he was substituted in the second half.

Lambert, 32, has been a bit-part player so far and believes a lack of time on the pitch has hit his form. He said: ‘I wasn’t happy with my performance, so that overshadowed the honour of being captain a little bit. I didn’t feel as sharp as I want to feel. That’s the main thing I want to look at going back into training.

‘I want to get my match fitness up because obviously everyone knows I’m not playing every game, so I have to adapt now. I’m going to have to do more, so my fitness is up to the same level as everybody else.

‘It’s my sharpness and my fitness which I need to get on the training pitch and start improving. I do work, push myself to the limit, but maybe I am going to have to go to the fitness coach and see if I can do more.’

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2768316/Liverpool-set-investigated-breaching-financial-fair-play-regulations.html