View Single Post
Old 09-03-2016, 07:44 PM   #15
Zulfan
first team

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Zulfan is just really niceZulfan is just really niceZulfan is just really niceZulfan is just really niceZulfan is just really nice
Visit Zulfan's Twitter

09/03/2016 09:11, Report by Adam Marshall
VAN GAAL REVEALS TEAM NEWS FOR ANFIELD

"Antonio Valencia and Bastian Schweinsteiger are coming back," he said. "I think a lot of players shall come back in the month of March. But when they come back, it is not so easy to decide if they can cope with the rhythm of a match because they are fit to train with us. For example, Schweinsteiger has only had one training session with us behind his back. Valencia has a week [behind him] so he is much closer to being on the bench, for example, but not to play a match as that's different.

"I don’t think [any new players will be available] but Valencia is fit enough to be on the bench, but to play 90 minutes, I don’t think so.

"I shall always make my line-up in my eyes as the strongest line-up to play against the opponent. Nevertheless, I put youngsters sometimes in the line-up but then I think it's the best solution. I also have to cope with the busy schedule so sometimes I spare and rotate players because of that."

Juan Mata is free to play as his domestic ban will be served in this weekend's FA Cup tie against West Ham United following his red card at The Hawthorns. Jesse Lingard is suspended, though, while Adnan Januzaj and Tim Fosu-Mensah are ineligible for the game.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk