View Single Post
Old 12-10-2020, 10:59 AM   #267
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lega Calcio - News and Rumors

Ashley Young becomes SIXTH Inter Milan player to test positive for coronavirus with next weekend's derby now in doubt

* Ashley Young has tested positive at the Inter Milan's training headquarters
* The 35-year-old has featured in all three of the club's league games this season
* But now he has gone into quarantine after contracting coronavirus recently
* He joins team-mates Milan Skriniar and Radja Nainggolan in testing positive

Inter Milan have confirmed winger Ashley Young has tested positive for coronavirus.

The Serie A side confirmed the former Manchester United star is already in quarantine following Covid-19 tests carried out on Saturday at the club's Appiano Gentile training ground.

Young has played a part in all three Italian top-flight games so far this season for Antonio Conte's men and becomes the sixth player from the club to have contracted the virus in recent weeks.

There is now growing fear in Italy that the derby with AC Milan - that is scheduled for Saturday October 17 - may now not be played.

Conte's men are also scheduled to begin their Champions League campaign against Bundesliga outfit Borussia Monchengladbach a week on Wednesday.

Young's team-mate Alessandro Bastoni tested positive for Covid-19 earlier in the week amid growing fear of rising cases in Serie A.

Bastoni was then joined by Milan Skriniar - a target for Tottenham in the summer transfer window - after the Slovakian Football Association confirmed his positive test on the eve of their victory on penalties against the Republic of Ireland in their Euro 2020 play-off semi-final on Thursday.

Inter Milan have confirmed winger Ashley Young has returned a positive test for coronavirus. The Serie A side confirmed the former Manchester United star is already in quarantine. Young has played in all three Serie A games for Antonio Conte's side in the 2020-21 season. Inter Milan team-mates Milan Skriniar and Radja Nainggolan are also positive. Italy's Roberto Gagliardini and Alessandro Bastoni have also contracted the virus. Goalkeeper Ionut Radu completed the list of Inter first-team members to have tested positive

A day later, the club confirmed Belgium midfielder Radja Nainggolan, goalkeeper Ionut Radu and Italy midfielder Roberto Gagliardini had also contracted coronavirus.

And should the Milan derby not go ahead it will cause further chaos to a league that is already dealing with cancelled matches.

Juventus' game against rivals Napoli did not go ahead after Gennaro Gattuso's men were prevented from travelling to Turin after first-team members Elif Elmas and Piotr Zielinski tested positive.

Meanwhile, Andrea Pirlo's men arrived at the stadium and even announced a starting XI before being informed that their visitors would not be arriving.

A decision on whether the game will be rescheduled is due from the Italian courts next week.

Last week the entire Juventus squad were forced to isolate after two non-playing staff members picked up the virus.

There are now genuine fears Inter's derby against Stefano Pioli's AC Milan will not go ahead. No Milan derby would be a blow to a league already dealing with Napoli's no show at Juventus

The news regarding Young comes just a couple of days after he stated he would be willing to walk from Italy if he had the chance to represent former club Watford.

'If I could go back and play [at Watford] again, I would walk from Italy right now because it's what I know, it's where I come from and it's what allowed me to be who I am and get where I am,' he told Watford's official podcast Golden Tales.

'It gave me a humble beginning.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8828069/Ashley-Young-tests-positive-Covid-19-Inter-Milan-confirm-star-quarantine.html
Ibra dah berpacu dengan waktu melawan corona biar bisa tampil di derby Milan, eh derbynya malah berpotensi ditunda